Soft Lure Fishing

On 09/12/2023 at 18:06, paulus said:

It was off Ali. I contacted them and they are sending out a replacement, Its not the same one as there out of stock. its a

TSURINOYA Baitcasting Reel Coil Ultra Light 135g BFS 6.1g Spool Bait Finesse Dark Wolf KF50S Shallow Spool Free Shipping Gear

Has your dwu reel and mavlos rod turned up yet , just wondered how you were getting on with it if it has 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its  a great way to fish ,travel lite and cover aload of ground,my lads all over it,all he bloody talks about lol,hes had perch,jacks,chub and some decent trout on his own , this season.. He Uses

My best so far on soft lures....  

Fishing of an evening working away..  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, neil r said:

Has your dwu reel and mavlos rod turned up yet , just wondered how you were getting on with it if it has 

Yep both of them arrived. The mavlos rod is great but they sent me the spinning version, Couldn't make this shit up with AliExpress. But to be fair their customer service has been good,  The rod is very good for the money, I ordered an Abu black max rod to go with the real, From Temu Lol Still getting use to the set up and the canal has been frozen for a while now, Hopefully be able to get out soon as the forecast is for warmer weather, 

2 hours ago, paulus said:

Yep both of them arrived. The mavlos rod is great but they sent me the spinning version, Couldn't make this shit up with AliExpress. But to be fair their customer service has been good,  The rod is very good for the money, I ordered an Abu black max rod to go with the real, From Temu Lol Still getting use to the set up and the canal has been frozen for a while now, Hopefully be able to get out soon as the forecast is for warmer weather, 

You’ve been unlucky there , where they both from the same shop on aliexpress . I’ve never had any issues at all on there but I’ve seen others have problems with some sellers but it usually gets sorted 

11 hours ago, neil r said:

You’ve been unlucky there , where they both from the same shop on aliexpress . I’ve never had any issues at all on there but I’ve seen others have problems with some sellers but it usually gets sorted 

Yes they were both from the same shop, As i said they were very good and sorted the issue quickly, Even let me keep the Right handed reel and the rod, They replaced the reel with a left handed one. admittedly a different reel but the same value and gave me a refund for the rod. Even so i think i will stick to Temu from now on Lol

• 4 weeks later...

Had another go dropshotting, think I'm gonna move on to jig heads next , I'm new to lures so each method is a learning curve but I've dropshotted last half a dozen times....

42 minutes ago, Borr said:

Had another go dropshotting, think I'm gonna move on to jig heads next , I'm new to lures so each method is a learning curve but I've dropshotted last half a dozen times....

i have a very low boredom threshold so i found Drop Shootting was not for me Lol

1 minute ago, Borr said:

How you doing most of your lure fishing Paulus?

Soft plastics mate, Either on a standard jig head or a Cheb rig, sometimes a Texas rig. I like the activity of recasting into different areas of the swim.

I've been enjoying a few series including these..

https://youtu.be/opH1RMDKJFg?feature=shared 

https://youtu.be/ELTtZdB9kfQ?feature=shared 

https://youtu.be/_6ioiaX1goE?feature=shared 

1 minute ago, paulus said:

Soft plastics mate, Either on a standard jig head or a Cheb rig, sometimes a Texas rig. I like the activity of recasting into different areas of the swim.

Yeah I get that, and the fact they don't have to be worked along the bottom the whole time and the weedless options...

1 minute ago, paulus said:

look for the Ginger Fisherman on youtube 

I've seen nearly all, I enjoy them, he does a lot of spotting with the polarised glasses. He's good obviously, but he's big on action and video as opposed to instruction I feel