Soft Lure Fishing

56 minutes ago, toolebox said:

I love to target big perch, they one of my favourite fish .,great to catch and even better to eat

I think if big perch were regarded as a delicious eating fish here they'd soon disappear, many immigrants here take course fish to eat which is generally theft from fisheries, add to that herons, cormorants, otters, pollution , this little island has to guard what it has , although I'm sure perch and pike make for good eating fish I'd sooner eat them than carp for sure...

• Like 1

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its  a great way to fish ,travel lite and cover aload of ground,my lads all over it,all he bloody talks about lol,hes had perch,jacks,chub and some decent trout on his own , this season.. He Uses

My best so far on soft lures....  

Fishing of an evening working away..  

Posted Images

17 hours ago, toolebox said:

I love to target big perch, they one of my favourite fish .,great to catch and even better to eat

I’m not keen on fish but I’ve been told by people who’ve had them that perch are not bad to eat , wouldn’t fancy one out of my local canal though 

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/04/2024 at 15:19, neil r said:

I’m not keen on fish but I’ve been told by people who’ve had them that perch are not bad to eat , wouldn’t fancy one out of my local canal though 

Granted I wouldn't either, however fresh fish in my part of the world,(New Zealand) is expensive, strange when our country is three main islands, it should be cheap as chips, so I don't pass on fresh perch or flat flounder I catch my self. Trout doesn't interest me as an eating fish, most take on an earthy taste that doesn't suit my pallet.

• Like 1

Just had 2-1/2 hours tonight , had a dozen jacks and 7 perch all on the pinky/purple nimble copy . Annoyingly I had about 20 small perch grab the lure just by the legs behind the hook . I could see them doing it in the clear water which was frustrating and it didn’t make any difference what I did with the retrieve 

IMG_2172.jpeg

• Like 8
On 28/04/2024 at 04:19, neil r said:

surely safer than a farmed salmon🤔

Just now, paddyluke said:

surely safer than a farmed salmon🤔

You’ve not seen the canal near me , there’s less rubbish dumped on the tip 

• Sad 1
  • 1 month later...

Well my gaffer is taking the Mickey out of me so I'm changing tactics, going the route of Ned rig , Louisiana, Texas type jobby in the hope of catching a decent perch and back to a heavy mono over knottable wire.. hes even engaging into chatting with passer bys and getting me to show them a picture of his fish lol, this was his perch...soon to be beaten by my new rig.

IMG_20240720_121230376.jpg

IMG_20240716_203825951~2.jpg

Edited by Borr
  • Like 3

All I had to show for the last two nights hard fishing, hoping it's the weather , been wicked humid , might also be summer hols kids fishing and canal barges everywhere, oh well another go tomorrow....

IMG_20240723_195741626.jpg

• Like 2