Stanley flask,

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Them ones specially made for Council workers?

I just use it for the hot water. Make the tea in the cup. 👍

I broke mine 39 years ago. Never been  able to work since.

Posted Images

It's a cracking flask to be fair..I'm leaving the house at 5am and home at 6pm the coffee is hot all day.cant fault it.

I've had cheap flasks and they haven't been any good to be honest..

And I can't get to a kettle in the day to fill my travel mug so a good flask is needed..

• Like 1

I picked a steel flask up wile shopping with the wife in Tesco for 18 pound well pleased with it tbh . I remember when those stanley flasks came out and they were a godsend when i worked down the pit as the plastic flasks you were lucky if you got a fortnight out of them before they were broke. I remember a lad loosing his steel flask that had fell on the panzer chain on the face then ended up on conveyer belt that was picked up by the magnet in the bunker in the pit bottom even though it looked a bit battered it was still usable .

• Like 3

Do ye know there's a secret to getting that water to stay scalding for long you prime the flask,boil a kettle fill the flask put lid on it,refill your kettle, give it two mins and boil your kettle,just before the kettle boils tip out your flask and refill,I put hot water in mine on a Friday morning 7am,I opened and 10am and 1pm to make tea,the flask was left until Monday morning 7am [BANNED TEXT] I tipped it out and was like warm,absolutely brilliant flask I wouldn't go past the stanely flask 

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I've got one of these,on my 3rd lol...keeps a brew warm for 6/8 hrs,ideal if you work outside or into your fishing etc👍Lifeventure Thermal Mug, Leakproof & Vacuum Insulated Reusable Coffee Travel Cup, 300ml, Matt Khaki https://amzn.eu/d/1nrG2hT

f**k sake. I was wondering who Matt Khaki was😳

• Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Is it me, as I thought tea in a flask is horrible. I'd rather drink water and I love tea. If I bother to use a flask, I make coffee and with no milk. I usually take milk, but not in a flask.

Am I doing something wong or am I just a tea snob?

• Like 3