Kennel renovation

2 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

How are you going to place the heater and thermostat so they are  chew proof? 

My young lads an engineer lol ( boasting I am not )..the thermostat will be outside in a sealed box with the probe running along the ceiling, coming in through a small predrilled hole,..the heater will be bolted/screwed to the ceiling with the cable going out through the back of the box,there won't be any thing to chew other than the heater,...which will be surrounded by a stainless steel cover perforated with holes ...he has it all worked out bless him lol

• Like 2

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get tougher dogs ! 

I have some footage I took at 4500 metres,I was going up to a sky burial site in Bhutan,I had a guide as your not allowed anywhere in the country without one,I was narrating where I was going and I am

I know a fella who's mid 70s goes foxing twice a week beating twice a week n stalking once a week his mam died in her 50s n dad not long after n as he keeps reminding me he's still shagging a few time

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

Yeah,I've experienced the same thing,...I'm keeping on top of nothing in my decrepit state lol...litter free kennels ,that's my dream 😄

Tell me about it. life begins at 50 they say, well i am now nearly 60 and f**k all works properly anymore Lol

13 minutes ago, paulus said:

I have to admit in the winter when the dogs were going into the kennels wet, The wax paper stuck to them when drying, This then got into the drains but as long as you keep on top it it was not too much of a problem. 

Me to pail I use straw I just pull a few bits of straw out n don't have any problem with the draines hope I haven't jinxed myself here lol

I've found kennel dogs to be easier to train. They are more focused on their owner and they have no distractions like spilt food, warm radiators and daft family members treating them like children.

On the other hand house dogs are more humanised and members of the family.

In my younger days I would buy pups and kennel them. But then I would come home and find them in bed with the Mrs. Funny, but annoying when you are trying to train a gundog and they are being taught to be instantly obedient. 

But then  I took myself too seriously when I was younger. Lol.

21 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Maybe, I bed on shredded teabags in winter. A lot of lads wouldn’t bother with the heater but I would rather have one. 

Fair enough mate I'm not saying I wouldn't get one just that your kennle looks nice n warm..

12 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

My young lads an engineer lol ( boasting I am not )..the thermostat will be outside in a sealed box with the probe running along the ceiling, coming in through a small predrilled hole,..the heater will be bolted/screwed to the ceiling with the cable going out through the back of the box,there won't be any thing to chew other than the heater,...which will be surrounded by a stainless steel cover perforated with holes ...he has it all worked out bless him lol

no good having the thermostat outside is it ? you need need it inside we’re the heat is mate 

• Haha 1

I'm 74 and stats reckon I've got another 12 years to go  before popping my clogs. I found after 60 odd you just accept your aches and pains. They are inevitable.

I never dreamed when I was young that I would live this long. My dad and his brothers were all dead in their early 60s. So I will take a few aches and pains for an extra couple of decades..fingers crossed.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

no good having the thermostat outside is it ? you need need it inside we’re the heat is mate 

It will be,there's a probe that reads the temp inside the box,sends the info to the meter which automatically either switches the heater on or off accordingly...my son would explain it clearer but that's the basics of it anyway lol

• Like 1