Neutered Hob - Is there any demand now?

Just kicking the tyres here. 20 years ago I had a neutered Hob and he was in big demand locally for obvious reasons and he was loaned out (for free) for a decent part of the year. What a life he had!

Have a working hob here and thinking of getting him neutered, but would only do it if I thought he'd be used locally. ish...

Is there a big demand for this now? I'm just outside Edinburgh. 👍

Regards Gordon 

A vasectomized hob would be very handy around here if somebody would loan one out. A lot of people don't like loaning them out as they reckon then can catch disease's of multiple matings.

As the Gill jab around here has gone up this year by 400% and in some places its not available at all. Then if people have ferrets around you there could well be a demand for a vasectomized hob in spring and early summer. 

Cheers Arry

• Like 1

For anyone in the east Essex ferret welfare have a few vasectomised hobs and Jill's can visit them for a reasonable fee. Worked for ours. The vet practice they use is experienced with the operation and is probably a good place to get your own hob done. The implants that replace jill jab are extremely expensive as Arry says

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/10/2023 at 07:17, Arry said:

A vasectomized hob would be very handy around here if somebody would loan one out. A lot of people don't like loaning them out as they reckon then can catch disease's of multiple matings.

As the Gill jab around here has gone up this year by 400% and in some places its not available at all. Then if people have ferrets around you there could well be a demand for a vasectomized hob in spring and early summer. 

Cheers Arry

I'll get one of my hobs done soon enough mate, welcome to use him come spring time.

• Thanks 1