Thermo Flasks

Do they work and can you get bigger ones ?.......just say the ol womans cooked you a nice meal and you get called away but want to take your grub with you for later on....... these Thermo Flasks seem to just be for soups is there something im missing,what do campers use if they dont want to take a stove etc....ive looked up Thermos Lunch Boxes but they're about the size of a coffee mug for crying out loud !.....what do fat people use ?

Just now, gnasher16 said:

Do they work and can you get bigger ones ?.......just say the ol womans cooked you a nice meal and you get called away but want to take your grub with you for later on....... these Thermo Flasks seem to just be for soups is there something im missing,what do campers use if they dont want to take a stove etc....ive looked up Thermos Lunch Boxes but they're about the size of a coffee mug for crying out loud !.....what do fat people use ?

2 thermo lunch boxes !

• Haha 2

Depends what you want to eat. If I go out for a long beach fishing session I'll make a hearty beef stew with plenty of spuds, cooked in a heavy cast iron crockpot with a lid. I pack it in a wicker basket full of loose hay and a couple of hand towels on top. That will keep hot for 5 hours.

I've got a folding twig/wood burner so if I need to heat it up after a longer session I can have it bubbling in 15 minutes.

Obviously it means keeping it in the car but it's great tucking into a hot meal when you come off a cold beach.

Something like this Gnasher all depends how fat you are really lol

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 24OZ | 0.70L | STANLEY LEGENDARY CLASSIC FOOD...

47 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

• Like 3

The electric ones look decent but i was thinking of something more the theory of a coffee flask that you can just open up in a remote location where electric isnt an option.....more like a lunchbox thats going to keep food warm for 4 or 5 hours.......maybe one for Dragons Den 🤔

• Like 1
5 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

F**k that if my old womans cooked me a nice meal and I get a call it can f**king wait till Ive eaten my grub

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Timmy H said:

Depends what you want to eat. If I go out for a long beach fishing session I'll make a hearty beef stew with plenty of spuds, cooked in a heavy cast iron crockpot with a lid. I pack it in a wicker basket full of loose hay and a couple of hand towels on top. That will keep hot for 5 hours.

I've got a folding twig/wood burner so if I need to heat it up after a longer session I can have it bubbling in 15 minutes.

Obviously it means keeping it in the car but it's great tucking into a hot meal when you come off a cold beach.

I’d think I’d run seeing a man with a wicker basket with hay poking out with a neatly fold tea towel coming up the beach. Something out of brokeback mountain 

• Haha 5
2 hours ago, Qbgrey said:

I’d think I’d run seeing a man with a wicker basket with hay poking out with a neatly fold tea towel coming up the beach. Something out of brokeback mountain 

It stays in the car! 🤣

I'm old enough to remember the farmers wife bringing hot food out to the fields in the same way.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Chaff said:

Something like this Gnasher all depends how fat you are really lol

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 24OZ | 0.70L | STANLEY LEGENDARY CLASSIC FOOD...

Wife bought me a Stanley food flask 5 or 6 years ago its been very good iv had cheeper ones in past but they was rubbish the Stanley keeps stuff hot 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, vfr400boy said:

Wife bought me a Stanley food flask 5 or 6 years ago its been very good iv had cheeper ones in past but they was rubbish the Stanley keeps stuff hot 

They are made of thicker metal I think cheap ones dent and outer skin touches the inner one they go cold real quick 

• Like 1

We all use these for our bait, theyre advertised as coolboxes but would obviously keep food warm.