A Bit Of Slop On The Seed For mC.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sloppy enough for you yet, mate ? Cheers.

I like the hairy brindles , mate, Cheers.

The hares are sitting tight in the rough, a roe popped out of the rough, saw the dog and straight back in. Bitch saw it but it was long gone by the time she got there. But you’re not going to get

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, paulus said:

It does with all that water, Mind i have seen them piss wet through flat to the ground in furrows but that grass would have been a magnet to me Lol

Iv often wondered why on say very wet grass fields I don't tend to see them in the daytime but if you shine a lamp on those fields at night you can see them.

Some say they don't like the wet but surely then that isn't the case?

3 minutes ago, dodger said:

Iv often wondered why on say very wet grass fields I don't tend to see them in the daytime but if you shine a lamp on those fields at night you can see them.

Some say they don't like the wet but surely then that isn't the case?

As i said i have come across them absolutely drenched laying in a furrow in the plough, when less than a few hundred yards away were dense woodland, Don't get me wrong there was always plenty in that woodland but why some choose to to sit out in the open, is something i never did fathom, 

11 minutes ago, dodger said:

They certainly very intriguing and interesting, fascinating really..

I was sat in ditch pigeon shooting one morning, to my right 2 of them were in the corner of the field. I spotted this buzzard coming about 3 ft above the ground from 3 fields away, As it crossed the last hedge into the field i was in, it swung right and headed straight for these 2, They never even moved even when this buzzard grabbed one of them, It got a right kicking for its trouble mind. at one point the buzzard and this hare just stood staring at each other less than a foot apart, My point being, why wasn't that buzzard seen as a threat yet the slightest whiff of dogs scent and they would have either gone flat or ran? 

46 minutes ago, paulus said:

I was sat in ditch pigeon shooting one morning, to my right 2 of them were in the corner of the field. I spotted this buzzard coming about 3 ft above the ground from 3 fields away, As it crossed the last hedge into the field i was in, it swung right and headed straight for these 2, They never even moved even when this buzzard grabbed one of them, It got a right kicking for its trouble mind. at one point the buzzard and this hare just stood staring at each other less than a foot apart, My point being, why wasn't that buzzard seen as a threat yet the slightest whiff of dogs scent and they would have either gone flat or ran? 

That is a good question as they certainly see certain types of bop as a threat don't they but alot say but some say other than leverets buzzards don't bother hares? So maybe something to do with that 🤔