Salmon guys.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fantastic salmon season,beat my personal best biggest fish,thousands running up.

80 pounder caught on the Kenai,a bloke I know has been dip netting there the last two days estimated 190,000 fish ran up in two days.  

I know Alston well,I got a sparrow hawk chick from there as a kid. I was at a party last night and got an invite to fish for trout in a few weeks from a lady who is a really good fisherman.Here’s

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Bangersanmash said:

Can't beat the leeds centre pin brilliant well put together centre pin specially if you can fall on one of the old reels. Few on ebay not bad priced either. 

Screenshot_20240528_194904_Chrome~2.jpg

I am getting a lend of one,orvis I think?The guy who offered it is an expert,fished all over the place,knows his stuff,he might be coming over for a week as I am getting an air BnB walking distance from the river.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, mackem said:

I am getting a lend of one,orvis I think?The guy who offered it is an expert,fished all over the place,knows his stuff,he might be coming over for a week as I am getting an air BnB walking distance from the river.

Sound mate ask him about the leeds reel. It's the old vintage leeds reel from the 60s like this one you want better engineered ie bearings & the inner mechanism all together. You'll find now most things that are kicked out in numbers are shite. Watch the movement on this reel on the video clip spins forever lol

WWW.ETSY.COM

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

80 pounder caught on the Kenai,a bloke I know has been dip netting there the last two days estimated 190,000 fish ran up in two days.

IMG_8960.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, mackem said:

IMG_8960.jpeg

Healthy fish stock then 😂 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, mackem said:

IMG_8960.jpeg

What a incredible fish, any idea what the record is?

53 minutes ago, Marvel said:

What an incredible fish, any idea what the record is?

97 Lb 4 Oz is the IGFA record,but a lady caught and released a guesstimated 105 Lb fish.

IMG_8993.jpeg

IMG_8996.jpeg

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, mackem said:

Fish are running in their thousands, I am going to pair my GoPro with my phone and try and get a few underwater pics. 

IMG_20240919_075536.jpg

Be good to watch that mate can't wait. I'd loved to get over there fishing. Not just for salmon but sport fishing in general. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

Be good to watch that mate can't wait. I'd loved to get over there fishing. Not just for salmon but sport fishing in general. 

Anyone into fishing should get over to fish the run, it's an incredible experience to watch thousands of salmon swimming up a shallow narrow river,once in a lifetime type thing. 

IMG_20240919_082239.jpg