They are very poor. I drove from Scotland to Fareham. With a stay in a hotel midway. There was nothing but delays, restricted speed limits, miles of road sectioned off and deep and dangerous potholes. This was the case even on major roads. The service stations are very basic and old fashioned and there was just not enough capacity on existing roads to keep up with the sheer amount of traffic.

I pity truckers and other who have to drive as part of their job. The roads are just not fit for purpose, which is seriously frustrating and must be a major drag on the economy.

Edited by jukel123
  • jukel123 changed the title to UK Roads.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A mate sent me this photo today, a group of 6 were out and four of them hit the pothole and came off their bikes with one breaking his collar bone.  Just shows even potholes have their uses. 

Just given my MP a bit of stick about the roads. In fact turned into a rant about small boat crossing, river and beach pollution and the rest. What get me about road repairs is the waste of money

Dont start me on the roads...Old Drakeford has gone and f****d Wales completely with this 20 mph default nonsense 🤬

Posted Images

Just given my MP a bit of stick about the roads. In fact turned into a rant about small boat crossing, river and beach pollution and the rest.

What get me about road repairs is the waste of money with crap repairs. Chuck a barrow of cold tar in a pot hole smack it with the back of a shovel and its out again next week. No cutting the edges no sealing the joint. Fix one hole that has a bit of white paint around it and leave one a metre away it don't make sense. Why you have to send a man with a van out to measure the hole spray some paint around it at all is a total waste imo.

If every body emailed their MP's and fired some fucks into them something might happen. People don't bother why?

Nearly went there lol.

Cheers Arry

• Like 4
34 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Extra million people a year being brought in......road, housing, hospitals... non are going to get less busy are they 🤣 

Trust me,they ain’t worried about a couple of potholes on a British road.

8A679D65-BD44-4887-A529-281DFB4613A6.jpeg

Just now, paulus said:

The garages must be making a killing on Shocks, Top Mounts and coil springs Lol

Bought a Berlingo at the start of the year and it was as tight as a vice, i've done 2 droplinks and track rod ends and have a top mount to do now, all on the passenger side, it's French and prone to these things  going but not as often as this, the roads are fcuking horrendous at the minute. 

5 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Bought a Berlingo at the start of the year and it was as tight as a vice, i've done 2 droplinks and track rod ends and have a top mount to do now, all on the passenger side, it's French and prone to these things  going but not as often as this, the roads are fcuking horrendous at the minute. 

My old Doblo i had to replace the top mounts twice in six months, Its always the nearside shocks, springs and drop links that go here first, All lanes around here with grass verges. The holes down the side of some of them verges would swallow a dog Lol Plus go to any town and road humps every 100 yrds. 

52 minutes ago, paulus said:

The garages must be making a killing on Shocks, Top Mounts and coil springs Lol

I went to get tyres for my Honda. I asked the bloke for Michelin as that's what the car came with. He said don't  bother mate, they'll be shredded before they wear out, get cheap ones. He said he'd never been so busy. I took his advice but the car tyre inflation warning goes on continually now. It's as though it won't recognise different tyres.

Edited by jukel123