XL Bully Ban Incoming

It's obvious lurchers won't bark and will go with people. Knowone wants a barking lurcher and they probably the most widely sold adult dog breed; anyone can take an adult lurcher and work it the next day, heck i know of dogs lent to people for a day or nights work with no issue at all. a lot of breeds take days/weeks to become accustomed to new surroundings and owners 

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's it... I'm out of here!! 

I'm pretty easy going and tolerant about most things ,but every time I see one of those big fat ugly useless earless bags of shite towing a skinny scruffy trackie wearing waste of space and his tattoo

Here's the common sense approach i.m.o... XL bullies added to the existing DDA. Making it illegal to breed and sell so, in theory no other dogs being added to the existing population. A

Posted Images

12 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Same as mate I remember when Martin Mcdonagh sent his young lad up my mates back garden and took his two lurchers and a springer a copper who lived next door but one saw the young lad and the dogs went with him and the copper thought my mate had got a young lad to walk his dogs wile he was at work and never thought to confront him stealing the dogs. Thankfully it turned into a happy ending as we got the dogs back. 

Hopefully it wasn't that happy for Martin 

Don't know if living in the house makes a difference, but all of our salukis have been natural watch dogs, it's a trait, the lurchers as well but they probably learnt it.

The amount of runners that get stolen proves their no good at actual guarding 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

It's obvious lurchers won't bark and will go with people. Knowone wants a barking lurcher and they probably the most widely sold adult dog breed; anyone can take an adult lurcher and work it the next day, heck i know of dogs lent to people for a day or nights work with no issue at all. a lot of breeds take days/weeks to become accustomed to new surroundings and owners 

true, all mine over the last 37 years even me bullxs were ok with people, all been  soft with people more so this big daft fooker Buck 1x gsd x grey lol , i know he 1/2 gsd and looks bit gsd in the head , but if you came round at night, he think you taking him out lamping lol. ive said on here many time that,  lot of people on my dog walk were wary of him, only because his size , etc, but he soft, he wasn't bred to guard he bred to catch and kill game nothing else . what jig said on here about his pure saluki being good watchdog ,  i did know a bloke that had 1x saluki x grey , that bark a bit at stranger , maybe it the saluki then.?  but i know one thing, go round any farm day or night , and if they got couple collies loose they prats have you, had one farm they had black gsd x collie,he have deff , collie be nasty fooker best of times  more so working farm bred ones . deff .

1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

Think he got some jail time shortly after for conning old folk. I remember Brooki who was on here it was the same individual who stole his dogs I am led to believe. 

I thought the story was Brooki had his dog nicked by fat pat carey AKA the Warrener tats?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

maybe your ten a penny doubled up merchants passed pillar to post  shh but a lot a real dogs only have one owner don’t settle with anyone else 

Edited by mC HULL
1 hour ago, Gilbey said:

Don't know if living in the house makes a difference, but all of our salukis have been natural watch dogs, it's a trait, the lurchers as well but they probably learnt it.

The amount of runners that get stolen proves their no good at actual guarding 

bark guard some mine will bite no bother but others will just make thereself loud keep away 

and dogman said ive had a few once car door open boot there in it 

Edited by mC HULL
5 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

bark guard some mine will bite no bother but others will just make thereself loud keep away 

mad dogman said ive had a few once car door open boot there in it 

👍 Have to admit I like dogs that are "mine". Had dogs give a grumble a few time over the years, when folk have been lurking, I like that as well 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

I don't know mate I might have got mixed up with some one else then.

Yes mate,brookie/brooki? had a Lurcher nicked by associates of the Warrener,it featured on one of the warreners DVD’s he never got it back.

• Like 3

I assume being brought up with terriers gives my runners a bit more aggression but I have never had a dog that wouldn’t guard or steam in if needed, my current boy is as soft as shit around me and mine, but the other week a girl came to visit us that has known the dog since I,ve owned him, I never lock the door and she thought it would be funny to come in and surprise us when we got back however she was sat on the top of the boat and the dog wouldn’t let her down, he also nailed a scag head that jumped in the back garden years ago, a dog is a pack animal and should fight and guard its own pack in my opinion 

• Like 1