XL Bully Ban Incoming

7 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

As a younger man for whatever reason i cant remember i ended up in a house full of black drug dealers who had a small 35 lb odd pit bull that they used to watch over the gaff,we was all standing around in the kitchen while the dog was in the front room looking straight at me through this serving hatch type of thing.....it seemed to sense i was " different " being the only whitey in the place and started growling etc......things ended up in a bit of a commotion and someone let the dog in it headed straight for me......it sniffed at my feet and leaned up on me and took a nip around my hip through my jeans then as i pulled away it bit hold of my hand.....another lad instinctively pulled the dog off by the collar and it left a 50p size hole on my hand......went to hospital and got it stitched up etc doc asked if it bit me anywhere else i said it tried to nip me on the hip.....when i took my strides down it hadnt even broken the skin but there was deep black bruising all around the area,once the adrenalin had calmed down it became excruciatingly painful...... beyond the actual teeth damage these dogs can do the sheer strength and jaw power these dogs have is frightening.....its completely ridiculous to think a man could fight this type of a dog off try kicking a dog in the head thats moving like lightning and literally all over your body not only will you probably break your foot on his head if you connect properly but its highly unlikely he'll not even be aware you have kicked him the drive and ferocity these dogs have when they click into gear and start working and swapping their holds just isnt something you are going to be able to calmly react to. 

The sheer power in most animals is often over looked. I once grabbed a little Muntjac by its front legs, It ran up my body with its back legs and nearly took my head off another time a red tailed hawk put its rear talon right through my thumb, I had to sit there for 10 to 15 minutes or so until it released its grip. Something the size of a European eagle owl is quite capable of breaking bones in your hand if it wants to grip properly on the glove.  

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's it... I'm out of here!! 

I'm pretty easy going and tolerant about most things ,but every time I see one of those big fat ugly useless earless bags of shite towing a skinny scruffy trackie wearing waste of space and his tattoo

Here's the common sense approach i.m.o... XL bullies added to the existing DDA. Making it illegal to breed and sell so, in theory no other dogs being added to the existing population. A

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, paulus said:

The sheer power in most animals is often over looked. I once grabbed a little Muntjac by its front legs, It ran up my body with its back legs and nearly took my head off another time a red tailed hawk put its rear talon right through my thumb, I had to sit there for 10 to 15 minutes or so until it released its grip. Something the size of a European eagle owl is quite capable of breaking bones in your hand if it wants to grip properly on the glove.  

Speaking of birds of prey, mate, I watched a video on you tube about eagles, about 10 days ago.

They reckon a golden Eagle has about 10 times the gripping power of an adult man!!

Edited by shaaark
2 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Speaking of birds of prey, mate, I watched a video on you tube about eagles, about 10 days ago.

They reckon a golden Eagle has about 10 times the gripping power of an adult man!!

i witnessed a small male take a hare by the head, you could hear the skull cracking as it was being crushed. 

4 minutes ago, paulus said:

i witnessed a small male take a hare by the head, you could hear the skull cracking as it was being crushed. 

👍

Never had the time really for falconry, but used to help an old mate and his brother out a few times, years ago. 

Used to go down the Welsh Hawking center in Barry, South wales, every couple of weeks, for frozen chick's for their birds.

Fascinating hobby  👍

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

As a younger man for whatever reason i cant remember i ended up in a house full of black drug dealers who had a small 35 lb odd pit bull that they used to watch over the gaff,we was all standing around in the kitchen while the dog was in the front room looking straight at me through this serving hatch type of thing.....it seemed to sense i was " different " being the only whitey in the place and started growling etc......things ended up in a bit of a commotion and someone let the dog in it headed straight for me......it sniffed at my feet and leaned up on me and took a nip around my hip through my jeans then as i pulled away it bit hold of my hand.....another lad instinctively pulled the dog off by the collar and it left a 50p size hole in my hand......went to hospital and got it stitched up etc doc asked if it bit me anywhere else i said it tried to nip me on the hip.....when i took my strides down it hadnt even broken the skin but there was deep black bruising all around the area,once the adrenalin had calmed down it became excruciatingly painful...... beyond the actual teeth damage these dogs can do the sheer strength and jaw power is frightening.....its completely ridiculous to think a man could fight this type of a dog off try kicking a dog in the head thats moving like lightning and literally all over your body not only will you probably break your foot on his head if you connect properly but its highly unlikely he'll not even be aware you have kicked him the drive and ferocity these dogs have when they click into gear and start working and swapping their holds just isnt something you are going to be able to calmly react to. 

I had a little Lab x mungrel thing nip the back of my calf last wintrer where I was working when I went to walk past it with a bucket in my hand.It had been fine with me for weeks then the next day it growled at my mate who had a bucket in his hand so Im guessing someone had clumped it with a bucket at some point.At the time I gave my leg a rub and called it a little c**t but didnt look at it as I had jeans on with long Johns underneath.As the afternoon went on it was feeling more and more sore.That night when I stripped off I had a black and purple Bruise on my call with four punctures that hurt for days and could be felt for weeks if you poked it.I totally agree with you that the pain youd feel if a proper dog grabbed you you aint even gunna be thinking straight

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, shaaark said:

👍

Never had the time really for falconry, but used to help an old mate and his brother out a few times, years ago. 

Used to go down the Welsh Hawking center in Barry, South wales, every couple of weeks, for frozen chick's for their birds.

Fascinating hobby  👍

Did it for a few years but always found i either had the money but not the time or the time without the money, Some of the best trained dogs i have seen belonged to falconers, My old Luguna whippet was the only dog that i have worked with a hawk. 

1 minute ago, paulus said:

Did it for a few years but always found i either had the money but not the time or the time without the money, Some of the best trained dogs i have seen belonged to falconers, My old Luguna whippet was the only dog that i have worked with a hawk. 

👍

1 hour ago, paulus said:

This bloke hits the nail squarely on the head

WWW.(!64.56:886

XL Bully’s. It’s not the dog it’s the owners

I find things like this , whilst educating , totally infuriating. 

most of the old time dog lads have been saying similar to that for years and years.  But have been labelled as cruel , monsters , torturers , etc . 

it’s scary to think that the dogs once kept properly , on a chain , kept away from risks and any chance of it getting messy , for its own safety , will now be sat on the couch of a new build with kids all over them. 

game bred , I’ve seen people use that term twice on social media Lately , once by a lad who was nearly in tears when I set my dog at a distant hare as we were walking over a football pitch . f***ing game bred .

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I find things like this , whilst educating , totally infuriating. 

most of the old time dog lads have been saying similar to that for years and years.  But have been labelled as cruel , monsters , torturers , etc . 

it’s scary to think that the dogs once kept properly , on a chain , kept away from risks and any chance of it getting messy , for its own safety , will now be sat on the couch of a new build with kids all over them. 

game bred , I’ve seen people use that term twice on social media Lately , once by a lad who was nearly in tears when I set my dog at a distant hare as we were walking over a football pitch . f***ing game bred .

Truth was back then it was under the radar, when snippets did come out then the labelling began, mainly by the media trying to sensationalise something they did not understand, nor still do. Now its gone full circle, i applaud anyone who tells it as it is, I am not saying its going make one iota of difference mind, The government will do what they think the majority of the ill informed public want. 

Wrong use of the term " gamebred " drives me up the wall......even the lad in that video is using it totally wrong....in fairness he makes some sensible points but trying to attach " gamebred " to " doing a smash up job " ffs what ignorance......all this breeding gamebred dogs they talk about just because a dog might have fighting dogs in its ancestry is absolute nonsense,if the lineage of the dog you buy has not been tested throughout the generations how can you possibly have a gamebred dog ?.....they use the word " game " instead of " fight ".....out of 10 competition fighting dogs the likeliness of any more than about 2 of them being truly game dogs is very slim......maybe im being finnicky on the terminology they are using but if you've ever witnessed a truly game dog then you use the term with respect you dont dilute it down and abuse it the way these people are......i wouldnt mind betting that theres not a game XL Bully in existence....but still they use the term !

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 13
On 05/10/2023 at 12:39, paulus said:

Hopefully a frecking hole in the ground. 

Seems they could manage to get a little decent training for that dog.

I'm bringing along a young GSD from working lines right now. Had originally planned on using him for blood tracking and personal protection. The tracking part is coming along fine. But I'm a little worried about the personal protection part. So far, I'm the only one he's bit. :whistling:They do like to bite!