XL Bully Ban Incoming

2 minutes ago, paulus said:

The right of a minority to own a dog that has the potential to be as lethal as a gun for no purpose other than status.  Sorry but i don't get it. 

I dont think status symbols are illegal. That would be thought crime, like the Hunting act. The point is owners should be judged individually when they break the law. Politicians should not be allowed to remove freedoms from innocent people. Punish the guilty.

• Like 1

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's it... I'm out of here!! 

I'm pretty easy going and tolerant about most things ,but every time I see one of those big fat ugly useless earless bags of shite towing a skinny scruffy trackie wearing waste of space and his tattoo

Here's the common sense approach i.m.o... XL bullies added to the existing DDA. Making it illegal to breed and sell so, in theory no other dogs being added to the existing population. A

Posted Images

Just now, BGD said:

The current law already holds owners liable if their dog injures or kills someone.

Yes I get that mate, but for many the excuse is "it got out" or "it's never bitten before" and believe that will get them off the hook.

Reminds me of the old  saying " a dog never bites till it bites". Dogs can surprise you at any time throughout their lives. Good behaviour in the past is never a guarantee of good behaviour in the future. Lots of people don't get that.

Just as an example, I live in sheep country and always bollock my dogs if they even look at sheep. I had a 6 year old whippet which I considered bombproof with sheep. Then one day it rioted among sheep. I was flabbergasted, but dogs aren't robots and you can only roughly predict future behaviour with them

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, jeemes said:

I dont think status symbols are illegal. That would be thought crime, like the Hunting act. The point is owners should be judged individually when they break the law. Politicians should not be allowed to remove freedoms from innocent people. Punish the guilty.

The problem with that is, it normally involves the maiming or death of an individual for it to get to that point, The victims have no say in who owns the dog but suffer all the consequence's,  

1 minute ago, paulus said:

The problem with that is, it normally involves the maiming or death of an individual for it to get to that point, The victims have no say in who owns the dog but suffer all the consequence's,  

Like maimings or deaths caused by sporting guns?

2 minutes ago, jeemes said:

Quite correct. 

There's a fckin idiot moved in other the road. Got two XL bullies, claims they are big soft fur babies. Anyone here would instantly see that this idiot couldn't look after a hamster. I'm worried every time the Mrs walks the dogs or my kids play football on the street.

Punishing him after he's guilty of harming my wife, kids or dogs isn't what I'm worried about though. 

Most of us here are libertarians. Non of us support thought crimes or arbitrary laws. But I just can't see what else can be done. All this 'punish the owner not the dog' is just ballcocks isn't it when we are dealing with empty heads.

• Like 7
Just now, DIDO.1 said:

Quite correct. 

There's a fckin idiot moved in other the road. Got two XL bullies, claims they are big soft fur babies. Anyone here would instantly see that this idiot couldn't look after a hamster. I'm worried every time the Mrs walks the dogs or my kids play football on the street.

Punishing him after he's guilty of harming my wife, kids or dogs isn't what I'm worried about though. 

Most of us here are libertarians. Non of us support thought crimes or arbitrary laws. But I just can't see what else can be done. All this 'punish the owner not the dog' is just ballcocks isn't it when we are dealing with empty heads.

That's who I feel sorry for people who live near them or have to pass them on a regular basis. It must be f****n scary, especially if you are walking dogs yourself. There must be lots of kids banned from playing outside because of these dogs. That's awful.

Some of the idiots on social media saying it's not the dog it's how it's brought up beggars belief sad that there is thousands out there who own this type and haven't a fekin clue. It's like some one getting a lurcher for a pet then been shocked when it wants to chase and catch something. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Just now, jeemes said:

Un yet it still happens. 

Maybe, but at least the authorities are responsible for issuing licenses and know where these guns are, as it stands any muppet can buy one of these dogs, usually on a payment plan from there local coke dealer Lol

1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

Some of the idiots on social media saying it's not the dog it's how it's brought up beggars belief sad that there is thousands out there who own this type and haven't a fekin clue. It's like some one getting a lurcher for a pet then been shocked when it wants to chase and catch something. 

That is a brilliant comparison mate. Sums it up for me.

Sighthounds are born to course, sheepdogs ro herd sheep and XLs to be aggressive.

Edited by jukel123

Youd think with everything going on the last few weeks the Bully owners would want to keep thir nuts down.Just been into Canterbury today,A seriously busy city centre.And there it is,A soppy looking c**t in tracky bottoms and a vest literally being dragged along by an 80lb chocolate XL with the mandatory gold kerb chain collar with a stupid grin on his face like everyone who was looking at him like hes a prick should be really impressed.Not realising what a pathetic c**t a looked because he couldnt even control his own dog

• Like 7
  • Haha 3