Working whippets

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

back in the good old days, ferrets n whippet, having fun

Flynn , a dog who I was lucky enough to spend 14yrs with , had some memorable times with him , epitomised man’s best friend.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, lanesra said:

No that’s a photo mate , taken in the place he was born when I was visiting the bloke who bred him MB in Meliden N.Wales 

Looks well mate.

Always thought the more worked  the more chilled and affectionate mine became at home, and anywhere outside the field. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, lanesra said:

efceecc8-4e54-4fcc-9da6-03ed08c8d35e.jpeg.b6309bdd12a0f70ff54ac1b7356d37dc.jpegFlynn , a dog who I was lucky enough to spend 14yrs with , had some memorable times with him , epitomised man’s best friend.

Lovely example of a true whippet....once you've had one like this you're rarely with out one....I love 'em.

• Like 3
On 25/09/2023 at 23:10, lanesra said:

efceecc8-4e54-4fcc-9da6-03ed08c8d35e.jpeg.b6309bdd12a0f70ff54ac1b7356d37dc.jpegFlynn , a dog who I was lucky enough to spend 14yrs with , had some memorable times with him , epitomised man’s best friend.

Ideal type for the roustabout rabbiting game....I love the 'Non-Ped, "Hard Bloods",..they are fecking beautiful and streets ahead of the Pedigree animals on the race track or coursing field,.BUT,..just take a look at the legs and feet of the KC Registered Whippet,..albeit a 'working whippet line',....and not a Crufts type...

I know the type that would last the course with a full -time pro rabbit controller....

It took me years to face facts,..but,... now I know....😉

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 5
37 minutes ago, paulus said:

I have a whippet pup loosely on order as the bitch only comes into season every couple of years, The Women who owns the bitch works her up Cumbria way, She puts a lot of rabbits away that's for sure. 

👍looks like you are turning full circle mate. 

Edited by fred90
2 hours ago, Chaff said:

What's this double muscled whippet trait about ?

Is it a good thing or bad ?

A bad thing.

Owned one and seen a couple. Won a few match races with mine, the others weren't up to much, the one thing they all had in common was they suffered badly with cramps after a run.

Cheers.

4 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

A bad thing.

Owned one and seen a couple. Won a few match races with mine, the others weren't up to much, the one thing they all had in common was they suffered badly with cramps after a run.

Cheers.

I can see that happening how did they turn I bet they were tight in the shoulder, impressive to look at.

I bet they had some take off on them. 

Did they make old bones similar to a regular whippet. 

5 minutes ago, Chaff said:

I can see that happening how did they turn I bet they were tight in the shoulder, impressive to look at.

I bet they had some take off on them. 

Did they make old bones similar to a regular whippet. 

They were all non-ped racing whippets, running in a straight line.

They all had a very peculiar style of running, the back legs trying to overtake the front legs, almost running sideways!

Mine didn't last long, too many injuries, mainly muscle and joints.

Cheers.

• Like 1