What to look for when choosing a pup

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

🤔Personally,...I don't think we should over-complicate the situation, when selecting a dog for rabbit hunting... Most lurcher types can handle this particular quarry,..obviously, some are better

Get someone else to pick one for u then moan like feck at them if its no good 

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Lurcher23 said:

I’m not against rice or pasta but kibble should be avoided at all costs.

a descent kibble will be sound for a coursing dog 

2 hours ago, Lurcher23 said:

You have to ensure the correct amount of food is given and add a small amount of veg to the diet, green beans are my preference and add lard in the winter, if the the dog is struggling adjust the ratio slightly and the amount accordingly. Giving the dog a small handful of fruit can also work. Raw fed dogs out compete kibble fed dogs providing its done correctly. With a sport such as sprinting the effects of a pure raw diet will be less obvious than with a coursing saluki as the diet will make the difference 

a good killer in good nick is just that mate you any pics of your runners mate 

Even not worked hard mine lost weight on raw alone. Chicken carcass, tripe and table scraps etc. Looked better that plus decent meal. Read before the digesting diff rates raw v kibble but feed both. Don’t over think it. Get the tap water thing but if I drink it I ain't driving the lakes bottling water out of a stream for the dog. 

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, gaza said:

Even not worked hard mine lost weight on raw alone. Chicken carcass, tripe and table scraps etc. Looked better that plus decent meal. Read before the digesting diff rates raw v kibble but feed both. Don’t over think it. Get the tap water thing but if I drink it I ain't driving the lakes bottling water out of a stream for the dog. 

The easiest way is to use a filter mate but alternatively you can use bottled water, I was using bottled water but its easier to use a filter since I use it too. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Lurcher23 said:

The easiest way is to use a filter mate but alternatively you can use bottled water, I was using bottled water but its easier to use a filter since I use it too. 

a filter don’t get rid of fluoride lol

12 minutes ago, stonewall said:

IMG_4111.JPG.a28ebce013416574ac6b6ee9a5c45cbc.JPGi change my mind every 2nd day when i go out to handle them,its a great time of the yr to have pups on the ground.

Some stunners there stonewall,how they bred mate

keep them all to be sure👍

7 hours ago, Gilbey said:

Out of curiosity how old do your dogs live on the raw and filtered water? Thanks

I couldn’t comment as my dogs aren’t old but I watched a video of a bloke who claims that dogs can live until around 20 providing its done correctly and depending on other factors obviously