18 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Just didn’t think sighthound were bay dogs mate sounds like a jacker to me lol

Didn't read the story but it's true mate, hunting dogs would tree cats like leopards and mountain lions. If you had a few sighthounds with a bit of grit they would do the same. It's not in a predators interest to fight unless they are forced into doing so.

Edited by Pewit

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fck off I genuinely want to learn I'm not having 25 thl spackers walking behind us taking the piss 🤣🖕

Not judging by the amount of Fanny’s on here ?

There's a record setting on teams, we regularly record meetings (tell everyone before hand) as it saves making notes during the meeting, pass the recording on and everyone has a record. Said a fe

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

You never really see though Leopards take big dogs just little street mutts

I have no doubts they do take large dogs though mate but a cat that is hungry and on the hunt is a completely different situation to a relaxed cat being harassed and treed by hunting dogs. 

Edited by Pewit
10 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

It's something people have always argued about. Your more likely to be seriously injured by a leopard but more likely to be killed by elephant, buff or lion. Most PH's killed in Africa have been by buffalo, most 'civillians' by hippo. Cow elephants come second for both groups. 

If a lion charges and gets through it won't let go until you are dead, a leopard will maul you, the PH and your tracker in seconds then be gone. 

I've rarely left Lancashire though so I know feck all, just what I've read. Nearest I've come to big game hunting is carrying my double .410 over my shoulder while hunting squirrels and imagining it's a .500 nitro express and pretending I'm on the trail of a wounded buff 😂

I met a great old fella at the Westmorland show  name of Geoffrey well into his 80s still rides out with the staghounds even travelling regularly to exmoor etc but had spent time tracking and hunting leopard in the colony’s back in his day, he told me if you see them while hunting and they drop out of your line of site more than once it’s time to get gone because the second time they will be stalking you, 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, keepdiggin said:

You never really see though Leopards take big dogs just little street mutts

seen a few videos of leopards taking fairly big dogs like a gsd   but they are usually asleep and its all over in seconds

Just now, greg64 said:

seen a few videos of leopards taking fairly big dogs like a gsd   but they are usually asleep and its all over in seconds

Seen a shepherd fight one off and a dogs argentino also seen a Tibetan mastiff get the upper hand against one

(video not in person)

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Seen a shepherd fight one off and a dogs argentino also seen a Tibetan mastiff get the upper hand against one

(video not in person)

You'll have likely seen the Tibetan Mastiff tangling with a Snow Leopard mate. 

1 minute ago, keepdiggin said:

Regardless of the breed it still well 

You said Tibetan Mastiff? Yeah, it looks like the dog got a hold of the snoz box and the leopard didn't like it one bit. Lol