Leopards are one of my favourite cats. Punch well above their weight. Loners which are capable of destroying all sizes of dogs. Man is occasionally on the menu as well.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fck off I genuinely want to learn I'm not having 25 thl spackers walking behind us taking the piss 🤣🖕

I'm on a couple of big cat sightings pages on Facebook.  80% of the pictures and videos are from idiots who can't see its obviously a normal cat , 10% is people posting insane good footage of cats cla

There's a record setting on teams, we regularly record meetings (tell everyone before hand) as it saves making notes during the meeting, pass the recording on and everyone has a record. Said a fe

Posted Images

1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

Leopards are one of my favourite cats. Punch well above their weight. Loners which are capable of destroying all sizes of dogs. Man is occasionally on the menu as well.

Amazing animals, I've seen them fend off a pride of lions and survive. The power they must have to carry prey heavier than themselves up a tree is unreal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Have you ever read the book about the man eating leopard of Rudrarpayag by Jim Corbett. A J Hunter the well known African Hunter of the big five said he thought the leopard was the most dangerous of the big 5.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Have you ever read the book about the man eating leopard of Rudrarpayag by Jim Corbett. A J Hunter the well known African Hunter of the big five said he thought the leopard was the most dangerous of the big 5.

It's something people have always argued about. Your more likely to be seriously injured by a leopard but more likely to be killed by elephant, buff or lion. Most PH's killed in Africa have been by buffalo, most 'civillians' by hippo. Cow elephants come second for both groups. 

If a lion charges and gets through it won't let go until you are dead, a leopard will maul you, the PH and your tracker in seconds then be gone. 

I've rarely left Lancashire though so I know feck all, just what I've read. Nearest I've come to big game hunting is carrying my double .410 over my shoulder while hunting squirrels and imagining it's a .500 nitro express and pretending I'm on the trail of a wounded buff 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
2 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

It's something people have always argued about. Your more likely to be seriously injured by a leopard but more likely to be killed by elephant, buff or lion. Most PH's killed in Africa have been by buffalo, most 'civillians' by hippo. Cow elephants come second for both groups. 

If a lion charges and gets through it won't let go until you are dead, a leopard will maul you, the PH and your tracker in seconds then be gone. 

I've rarely left Lancashire though so I know feck all, just what I've read. Nearest I've come to big game hunting is carrying my double .410 over my shoulder while hunting squirrels and imagining it's a .500 nitro express and pretending I'm on the trail of a wounded buff 😂

It was A J Hunters opinion and I read it was down to the fact the leopard could drop on you from a tree. Thought like you said certain death would be more imminent if you were attacked by those animals you have mentioned. 

7 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Them squirrels can be vicious b*****ds 😂

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Just seen a post about hunting leopards there’s a dog that’s wolfhound and saluki /greyhound used to tree them then they shoot them .

Do you have a link 

Edited by keepdiggin
9 hours ago, Pewit said:

Leopards on average aren't huge cats, male averages are around 50kg, around the size of a large dog. 

Your right mate, piece of piss. Few dogs, tree it, wait for it to attack....then let it chew on one arm then punch it right in the ear hole with the other 

Screenshot_20240826-090652.png

6 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Your right mate, piece of piss. Few dogs, tree it, wait for it to attack....then let it chew on one arm then punch it right in the ear hole with the other 

Screenshot_20240826-090652.png

No, they just tree them and wait for the hunter to shoot it, just like they do with mountain lions and bears in North America. Predators will usually try and escape conflict, it's in their nature.

29 minutes ago, Pewit said:

It's no special feat mate, any pack of dogs with a voice will usually tree a cat.

Just didn’t think sighthound were bay dogs mate sounds like a jacker to me lol