2 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

Minter did mention on a poddy a few episodes ago about some Lynx that were released when a small zoo closed at Matlock in Derbyshire some years ago now. I visited it years ago and remember seeing the Lynx in there. He spoke about them being released as though it was a known fact. How many were let go and where it happened I've no idea. There's been loads escape over the years too. Easy to find with a quick Google.

Us sceptics believe that the odd individuals have been released over the decades. That could be Lynx, Cougar, Leopard. But the idea that 250 may have been released and are now some mixed breed mutant is absurd. Lol

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fck off I genuinely want to learn I'm not having 25 thl spackers walking behind us taking the piss 🤣🖕

I'm on a couple of big cat sightings pages on Facebook.  80% of the pictures and videos are from idiots who can't see its obviously a normal cat , 10% is people posting insane good footage of cats cla

There's a record setting on teams, we regularly record meetings (tell everyone before hand) as it saves making notes during the meeting, pass the recording on and everyone has a record. Said a fe

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

Minter did mention on a poddy a few episodes ago about some Lynx that were released when a small zoo closed at Matlock in Derbyshire some years ago now. I visited it years ago and remember seeing the Lynx in there. He spoke about them being released as though it was a known fact. How many were let go and where it happened I've no idea. There's been loads escape over the years too. Easy to find with a quick Google.

Is that place still on the go mate i remember trips from our secondary school in the 70s going there.

10 minutes ago, Pewit said:

Us sceptics believe that the odd individuals have been released over the decades. That could be Lynx, Cougar, Leopard. But the idea that 250 may have been released and are now some mixed breed mutant is absurd. Lol

to be fair they don't state that 250 have been released they think that's the number now after breeding for the last 60 years if your talking black leopard

Edited by greg64
24 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

There was a population of feral wallabies on the moors in Derbyshire too. Occasional sightings but not for a few years.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, greg64 said:

to be fair they don't state that 250 have been released they think that's the number now after breeding for the last 60 years if your talking black leopard

You would still need a decent foundation number or else the population would collapse from inbreeding.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

There was a population of feral wallabies on the moors in Derbyshire too. Occasional sightings but not for a few years.

and, not forgetting a herd of tibetan yaks in burslem,,   fekin stroll on 

41 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Is that place still on the go mate i remember trips from our secondary school in the 70s going there.

No pal. Riber Castle is still there but all the animals have been gone a good 20 years I reckon! If you've ever seen the film 'dead man's shoes' some of that was filmed there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
47 minutes ago, Pewit said:

Mate I wish we could scan the uk with some special x-ray vision gear. I bet there's loads of shit hidden away out there we don't know about. There's probably 250 Poles living in Shirebrook tip woods that f@@ker knows about!! Lol..

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

The Roaches mate I think?? Last one seen in 2009 I think I read. A winter finished them off. Shame really!!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Pewit said:

That's if they are true Wild Cats, hybridization is a massive threat to the wild population. I hope real effort is being put in to keeping these pure and protected, an amazing creature.

It could have well been an hybrid mate they reckon the only way you can tell is by scientific evidence like DNA. I only went twice on the hawking holidays though the lad's I went with used to go every year for about 5 years and I believe another time when I was not there the same lad's saw what was believed to be a Scottish wildcat that can believable as they were off footpaths hunting with the hawk's unlike the general public who go to these remote places tend to stick to well worn footpaths. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

Mate I wish we could scan the uk with some special x-ray vision gear. I bet there's loads of shit hidden away out there we don't know about. There's probably 250 Poles living in Shirebrook tip woods that f@@ker knows about!! Lol..

Big cats have been documented and studied all over the globe, even critically endangered species on the brink of extinction. If the claimed numbers are correct over here, it would be a well known secret to those in the know. But we have no documentation, no studies, no footage, nothing.

Edited by Pewit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

No pal. Riber Castle is still there but all the animals have been gone a good 20 years I reckon! If you've ever seen the film 'dead man's shoes' some of that was filmed there.

Just googled it mate shame that as it used to be a regular trip for school kids in south Yorkshire. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Pewit said:

Big cats have been documented and studied all over the globe, even critically endangered species on the brink of extinction. If the claimed numbers are correct over here, it would be a well known secret to those in the know. But we have no documentation, no studies, no footage, nothing.

Patience grasshopper!! 

12 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Just googled it mate shame that as it used to be a regular trip for school kids in south Yorkshire. 

My old man was a good snarer. There was a pocket of red deer appeared in the peak district. He used to lay snares for them made out of telegraph wire. Didn't catch any but they were tripped a few times. I can remember him taking me to check the snares on his motorbike mid fifties.

Pre myxie, we always came back with dozens of rabbits caught from brass wires but no deer. I can remember him showing me their runs and droppings. He was a gypo and he knew what he was about.

Strange but true. Believe it or not.

Edited by jukel123