38 minutes ago, Pewit said:

What you seen it on pal?

I'm on a couple of big cat sightings pages on Facebook.  80% of the pictures and videos are from idiots who can't see its obviously a normal cat , 10% is people posting insane good footage of cats claiming its uk then in the comments everyone is pointing out its Canada etc , you can see the cage in the corner of the video its obviously a zoo etc etc . Then theirs 10% of the stuff really interests me and this video and pictures fall into this category for me . It was a Scottish based Facebook page but that doesn't mean the footage is from Scotland.  Could be anywhere 

I'm up for being disproved on any video or picture and if someone legit comes on and says "I have that pard and it's dreadfull for scaling " or whatever technical things I don't have a clue on then I will accept their insight and carry on my life 

I do have a belief that they are in the uk , I have no proof , I've never seen one , my dad has seen one when I was younger . Maybe my dad's lying I don't know , he's never been one for bullshit as far as I can tell . He knows british wildlife and plants as well as anybody on this site I would imagine . He could have been mistaken . But I won't 100% rule it out them being here . Stranger things have happened in this world 

And the main thing that i can never see past is that everybody that is 100% sure they have seen one 100% must be lying , my dad's lying , greyman is lying out his arse , the local head teacher who is a well respected hunting man down here is lying . He didn't see one stalking a rabbit while sat down on the bank fishing , other members on here don't know what their looking at and must be lying 

That's where I'm at with it all . And I do have a big respect for greyman getting out and doing a bit , doing his own research , trying to do the work to show what he knows he's seen . I can also see how he ends up so irritable with people on the subject. It's come from the countless wind ups he gets and the sarcastic comments etc . Now everybody gets the same reaction which is a shame 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fck off I genuinely want to learn I'm not having 25 thl spackers walking behind us taking the piss 🤣🖕

I'm on a couple of big cat sightings pages on Facebook.  80% of the pictures and videos are from idiots who can't see its obviously a normal cat , 10% is people posting insane good footage of cats cla

There's a record setting on teams, we regularly record meetings (tell everyone before hand) as it saves making notes during the meeting, pass the recording on and everyone has a record. Said a fe

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

I'm on a couple of big cat sightings pages on Facebook.  80% of the pictures and videos are from idiots who can't see its obviously a normal cat , 10% is people posting insane good footage of cats claiming its uk then in the comments everyone is pointing out its Canada etc , you can see the cage in the corner of the video its obviously a zoo etc etc . Then theirs 10% of the stuff really interests me and this video and pictures fall into this category for me . It was a Scottish based Facebook page but that doesn't mean the footage is from Scotland.  Could be anywhere 

I'm up for being disproved on any video or picture and if someone legit comes on and says "I have that pard and it's dreadfull for scaling " or whatever technical things I don't have a clue on then I will accept their insight and carry on my life 

I do have a belief that they are in the uk , I have no proof , I've never seen one , my dad has seen one when I was younger . Maybe my dad's lying I don't know , he's never been one for bullshit as far as I can tell . He knows british wildlife and plants as well as anybody on this site I would imagine . He could have been mistaken . But I won't 100% rule it out them being here . Stranger things have happened in this world 

And the main thing that i can never see past is that everybody that is 100% sure they have seen one 100% must be lying , my dad's lying , greyman is lying out his arse , the local head teacher who is a well respected hunting man down here is lying . He didn't see one stalking a rabbit while sat down on the bank fishing , other members on here don't know what their looking at and must be lying 

That's where I'm at with it all . And I do have a big respect for greyman getting out and doing a bit , doing his own research , trying to do the work to show what he knows he's seen . I can also see how he ends up so irritable with people on the subject. It's come from the countless wind ups he gets and the sarcastic comments etc . Now everybody gets the same reaction which is a shame 

He deserves all he gets, the man is childish, folk don't  bother questioning claims because the usual vitriol soon follows, anyway, moving on from him.

All evidence needs to be queried, people often have an agenda when they're trying to sell a tale. Eye witness accounts without strong evidence are unreliable, I know of a few local lads that claimed to have seen a hairy ape like figure running locally and they weren't talking about mCHull. It doesn't mean that all are lying, but they are more than likely wrong.

I suspect the people who did the scaling and such are "big cat hunters," again, for me, hardly a reliable or trustworthy source. People pushing the agenda have been boasting about irrefutable evidence coming anytime soon, well, where is it? 

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, Pewit said:

He deserves all he gets, the man is childish, folk don't  bother questioning claims because the usual vitriol soon follows, anyway, moving on from him.

All evidence needs to be queried, people often have an agenda when they're trying to sell a tale. Eye witness accounts without strong evidence are unreliable, I know of a few local lads that claimed to have seen a hairy ape like figure running locally and they weren't talking about mCHull. It doesn't mean that all are lying, but they are more than likely wrong.

There are more than a few members of this site, besides Greyman, that have had sightings of non native big cats in the British countryside.

Can't recall any of them trying to sell anything, or push an agenda?

• Like 1
Just now, shaaark said:

There are more than a few members of this site, besides Greyman, that have had sightings of non native big cats in the British countryside.

Can't recall any of them trying to sell anything, or push an agenda?

Has it ever occurred that they are more than likely wrong mate?

• Thanks 1

There are genuine country people who know their species that have seen cats and also keepers that have shot them and they have been trapped so to me there is a possibility that there could possibly be 1 or 2 in our wildest places but what gets me is some of the "enthusiasts" who see them regularly just pottering around the suburbs (nobody on here before anyone starts) and have zero fieldcraft or anything they just like cats. I've listened to the big cat podcast a few times and some of the nutjobs on there is the reason why people dismiss their existence.  Does Rick always have a boiled sweet in his gob or just sound like it?

Edited by gnipper
17 minutes ago, gnipper said:

There are genuine country people who know their species that have seen cats and also keepers that have shot them and they have been trapped so to me there is a possibility that there could possibly be 1 or 2 in our wildest places but what gets me is some of the "enthusiasts" who see them regularly just pottering around the suburbs (nobody on here before anyone starts) and have zero fieldcraft or anything they just like cats.

come on now gnippers my owd fruit bat, theres just the one big cat that i no of, and the buggers sat at my front door this very min, miawing, but as soon as i open the door it hisses n spits 

10 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

come on now gnippers my owd fruit bat, theres just the one big cat that i no of, and the buggers sat at my front door this very min, miawing, but as soon as i open the door it hisses n spits 

We've got a neighbours cat lurks in the front garden here but if it were hissing and spitting at me it can find somewhere else to sunbathe

10 hours ago, Pewit said:

There has never been a shortage of people willing to question the claims on here. In fact its usually the majority of posts on this thread

All evidence needs to be queried, people often have an agenda when they're trying to sell a tale.

100% TRUE 

Eye witness accounts without strong evidence are unreliable,

It all depends on the eye witness . I'm sure you know people who you would trust 100% same as me . But most reports are joe public who catch a fleeting glimpse and don't really know what they have seen

I know of a few local lads that claimed to have seen a hairy ape like figure running locally and they weren't talking about mCHull. It doesn't mean that all are lying, but they are more than likely wrong.

They better stay of the mushrooms I reckon

I suspect the people who did the scaling and such are "big cat hunters," again, for me, hardly a reliable or trustworthy source.

But you don't know who did the scaling do you.  Maybe it is "big cat experts" . Maybe it's the pest controller who took the video . 

People pushing the agenda have been boasting about irrefutable evidence coming anytime soon, well, where is it? 

No idea 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

Would I trust the claims of someone I don't know off the web, definitely no. Would I trust the words of someone I know, still questionable with claims of seeing a big cat, trust doesn't mean they can't be wrong.

I suspect if it was a Scottish big cat group off FB then chances are the people doing the investigations are people with a vested interest, these people will create and bend evidence to suit.

• Haha 1
54 minutes ago, Pewit said:

Would I trust the claims of someone I don't know off the web, definitely no. Would I trust the words of someone I know, still questionable with claims of seeing a big cat, trust doesn't mean they can't be wrong.

I suspect if it was a Scottish big cat group off FB then chances are the people doing the investigations are people with a vested interest, these people will create and bend evidence to suit.

And this is why it’s not worth trying to educate pork, the bloke put a thermal image up that is clearly a feline but because they are Scottish and have a vested interest they bent the evidence to suit what a total cop out wankers answer from a bloke that does no more than walk round a park with a dog as useless as himself and spends his life playing one up man ship on the internet with google as his best mate brings absolutely nothing to the table as I said typical empty vessel, you have zero evidence to back up anything you say pal sadly it’s you and your ilk willing to lie to attempt to win an imaginary point and a few likes 

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, Pewit said:

I suspect the people who did the scaling and such are "big cat hunters," again, for me, hardly a reliable or trustworthy source. People pushing the agenda have been boasting about irrefutable evidence coming anytime soon, well, where is it? 

Having met the man I can assure you he isn’t childish !

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Having met the man I can assure you he isn’t childish !

He must get carried away behind the keyboard then. Lol

yes thats one thing no one can accuse me of, slagging, ridiculing folks on here, its naughty,  treat folk wi respect is [BANNED TEXT] i say, right im off out catch u later        ya shower of shit,  ,,,       noooooooo   i didnt mean that 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Greyman said:

And this is why it’s not worth trying to educate pork, the bloke put a thermal image up that is clearly a feline but because they are Scottish and have a vested interest they bent the evidence to suit what a total cop out wankers answer from a bloke that does no more than walk round a park with a dog as useless as himself and spends his life playing one up man ship on the internet with google as his best mate brings absolutely nothing to the table as I said typical empty vessel, you have zero evidence to back up anything you say pal sadly it’s you and your ilk willing to lie to attempt to win an imaginary point and a few likes 

You are of the ilk of Jonathan McGowan, away with the fairies. Lol

That still image means nothing, it could be a moggy or even a stuffed toy, it could also be captured in a country that has native big cats. The fact that it was posted on a Scottish big cat group on FB means nothing really with no context.

You have lost the plot again, now take a deep breath, and out...... Lol

• Haha 1

I look on a lot of wildlife and nature groups all over the world.the images are as good as your eyes in much harsher conditions than a British winter.the evidence of big cats is so weak at best,but non existent really that I find it a bit embarrassing reading some of the believers comments.

• Like 1