10 hours ago, hot dog said:

That should be easy to prove now.get 50 camera traps around there and wait 3 months.have you been up and seen these prints.

Even in country’s they are known to exist like the states estimated 30 000 mountain lions you would struggle to get a picture with 50 cameras trail cams are not as easy as you think they get dew frost and fog on the lense branchstwigs and grass trigger them flattening the battery’s every now and again you will get lucky but then there is the thefts I’ve lost 3 cams already this year two on private land I have permission to be on one in a publi c wood,

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fck off I genuinely want to learn I'm not having 25 thl spackers walking behind us taking the piss 🤣🖕

Not judging by the amount of Fanny’s on here ?

There's a record setting on teams, we regularly record meetings (tell everyone before hand) as it saves making notes during the meeting, pass the recording on and everyone has a record. Said a fe

Posted Images

12 hours ago, paulus said:

People are walking about day and night with thermal imaging monocular`s all over the countryside. there are several in my village that post pictures of all sorts of wildlife, I assume this is replicated all over the country, yet still no definitive proof of big cats still living or breeding. 

Mate last year there was thermal images put up on here that I know are 100% a mountain lion, then the fat twat Fox dropper pops up and says fox never bothered going to the podcast to look at the scaling that was done by an expert just shouts things down until the discussion is ended, the guy that got those images has since gone out and spent even more on thermal kit and has now managed to capture them mating, they are at a reasonable distance and could be seen as something else but as the male is circling the female and mounting her several times in short bursts not back to back like a canid they are clearly felines also thermal has a lot of limitations as you probably know

83820268-4FF2-4176-989F-176280FAEE5C.jpeg

5F5178E7-8E6A-4E36-8337-9BB9DF270317.jpeg

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Borr said:

I don't doubt the odd one might have escaped and maybe the odd one shot and buried , but most who see them believe in their existence prior to seeing one, same with UFOs being spotted after they appeared in comic books , the thing is the brain is what creates your vision , all images are transferred to the back of the brain, interpreted and then delivered back to the brain as most likely , so if your seeing ghosts big cats or even an empty field generally that's the story your brain has decided to write. 

That is a very good point mate and I believe that in areas high in sightings there are people that convince themselves because they want to see one but they are not in the majority it can also work in reverse, people that can’t accept they are wrong will convince themselves and others this is a black lab

CE24E24D-289E-4565-931A-40D759F1686E.jpeg

37A93D7F-3EEA-4021-B950-94CFB889C4A4.jpeg

12 hours ago, shaaark said:

But in reality, NO they're not.

You and several others ASSUME the same.

I personally don't know anyone  that walks about the countryside with thermal imaging gear etc, NONE, NO-ONE.  Obviously some people, and I'd suggest an extremely small minority may do.

And I know several people that still traverse our countryside.

I am not assuming anything its a fact mate. This village and the next village have at least 3 people who walk about daily with thermal spotters and cameras. They post there images on the local village Facebook pages. These are not young people but retired, usually well to do`s. The whole thermal imagining idea of being used in the daytime is really catching on for wildlife spotting. 

59 minutes ago, paulus said:

I am not assuming anything its a fact mate. This village and the next village have at least 3 people who walk about daily with thermal spotters and cameras. They post there images on the local village Facebook pages. These are not young people but retired, usually well to do`s. The whole thermal imagining idea of being used in the daytime is really catching on for wildlife spotting. 

My iPad is old and on its last legs so I can’t access or upload anything from the podcast mate but maybe take a look on the refs and links section can’t be certain but expect Rick may have uploaded a few more of the images he has and I agree the thermal tech is the answer my mate has a drone that can pick up and I’d most things at night cost thousands but I will be investing in the same kit once I have retired and have all my stuff in order am taking a slight step back this year as I have a lot going on this  but if everything goes to plan next year I will be full time with all the gear 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, paulus said:

there are several in my village that post pictures of all sorts of wildlife, I assume this is replicated all over the country

5 hours ago, paulus said:

Not a very strong counter, there mate lol.

But, I get what you're saying 👍

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Not a very strong counter, there mate lol.

But, I get what you're saying 👍

That's more than me then Lol. 

5 hours ago, Greyman said:

My iPad is old and on its last legs so I can’t access or upload anything from the podcast mate but maybe take a look on the refs and links section can’t be certain but expect Rick may have uploaded a few more of the images he has and I agree the thermal tech is the answer my mate has a drone that can pick up and I’d most things at night cost thousands but I will be investing in the same kit once I have retired and have all my stuff in order am taking a slight step back this year as I have a lot going on this  but if everything goes to plan next year I will be full time with all the gear 

I watched a thing about the new American special forces thermal/night vision, It is a riflescope that transmits the image to there googles in real time, It also brackets the image using AI to identify the target and rangefinders it to show scale. How long before this technology becomes available to the general public i don't know but what a gamechanger.

On 22/05/2024 at 08:53, Greyman said:

That is a very good point mate and I believe that in areas high in sightings there are people that convince themselves because they want to see one but they are not in the majority it can also work in reverse, people that can’t accept they are wrong will convince themselves and others this is a black lab

CE24E24D-289E-4565-931A-40D759F1686E.jpeg

37A93D7F-3EEA-4021-B950-94CFB889C4A4.jpeg

This looks feline to me...but lacking scale, it could be a large domestic black cat..We had a farm cat that was a colossus and bit the throats out of rats on a regular basis who looked not unlike this- It's a shame the camera missed the head and shoulders.

I'm keeping an open mind though.

On 22/05/2024 at 08:32, Greyman said:

Even in country’s they are known to exist like the states estimated 30 000 mountain lions you would struggle to get a picture with 50 cameras trail cams are not as easy as you think they get dew frost and fog on the lense branchstwigs and grass trigger them flattening the battery’s every now and again you will get lucky but then there is the thefts I’ve lost 3 cams already this year two on private land I have permission to be on one in a publi c wood,

Yeah but on a 500 acre farm it shouldn't be that hard.

27 minutes ago, Oakbark said:

This looks feline to me...but lacking scale, it could be a large domestic black cat..We had a farm cat that was a colossus and bit the throats out of rats on a regular basis who looked not unlike this- It's a shame the camera missed the head and shoulders.

I'm keeping an open mind though.

How could they still not get the head of camera both times and from different angles.thats a bit suspect.

• Haha 1
On 22/05/2024 at 08:32, Greyman said:

I have 3 cameras out for the last 9 weeks or so set at "good " spots- can't prove a bloody fox exists atm! Thank god i'm not trying to capture a rare creature.

• Like 5
13 hours ago, ands said:

I have 3 cameras out for the last 9 weeks or so set at "good " spots- can't prove a bloody fox exists atm! Thank god i'm not trying to capture a rare creature.

All creatures tend to use the same paths the path of least resistance try to find a pinch point like a log over a stream or a gap in a fence or hedge with multiple runs leading to it and something else I like to do if I can is to place a big rock in front of the camera have shown these many times but everything marks a rock and the more things that mark it the more things will come it also slows them down as despite what people think the trigger speed on a lot of cams is not that great hence my collection of tails and rear ends 

805ABB8A-8A87-40ED-8A9D-2720FB148653.jpeg

BAF855D5-EF69-4839-90CA-42B781D29D0D.jpeg

CB75F254-BE2F-41CC-A40D-F9DDB5B567B5.jpeg

20A17EC8-4E07-4F9A-8365-FBB4073FC9CF.jpeg

• Like 2