Anyone else has a problem with adders , my dad lost a terrier in the 80,s with a adder bite .but hasn't been many others over years .but in last 4 ,5 weeks I've seen 6 .in same area .this 1 actually was a nasty twat and fired its self up against the terrier .Close!!

received_3163994240567955.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, foxpack new said:

Anyone else has a problem with adders , my dad lost a terrier in the 80,s with a adder bite .but hasn't been many others over years .but in last 4 ,5 weeks I've seen 6 .in same area .this 1 actually was a nasty twat and fired its self up against the terrier .Close!!

received_3163994240567955.jpeg

I ran one over with tractor other day. First one I seen for a long time 

5 minutes ago, Neal said:

I see dozens every year near me. That's probably because Hampshire has some of the largest areas of heathland in the world. 

Think that’s more the case, I spend more time in steep wooded valleys etc not really ideal habitat, but when we used to go on the mendips rabbiting adders were everywhere would see a couple most times out ?

Theres a few around my way, only ever known of 2 dogs to ever get bitten,one of which died...my cousin got had by one when we was in our early teens ,in the local park of all places,was under the roundabout ?

41 minutes ago, zandy01 said:

Plenty Adders in the Cheviots and surrounding hills of Northumberland- place is rife with the horrible f***ers..

Seen them in plankey mill,and a kid from Sunderland was bitten there when he caught one.

57 minutes ago, mackem said:

Seen them in plankey mill,and a kid from Sunderland was bitten there when he caught one.

They give me the creeps mate, I’ve not myself heard of anyone been bitten by one but I reckon there’ll be a lot more than we think or here about..

Seen a video of a very large female adder scaling a dry stone wall in the Lake District, must’ve been a good 4ft long and plenty girth too - I’d be heading in the opposite direction if I’d have been there.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, zandy01 said:

They give me the creeps mate, I’ve not myself heard of anyone been bitten by one but I reckon there’ll be a lot more than we think or here about..

Seen a video of a very large female adder scaling a dry stone wall in the Lake District, must’ve been a good 4ft long and plenty girth too - I’d be heading in the opposite direction if I’d have been there.

Guy got bit a few years on Hounslow Heath,ended up in a bad way in hospital,seen a few but nothing big,should be seeing some snakes of different types within the next few months.

I always carry a couple of Piriton (well Home Bargains version) in my phone case.

Had a bitch get bit by one several years back localish. Flew to the vets and got treated ok but that was the advice the vet gave me.

Never needed them since, touch wood.

Cheers, D.