• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wife just got me this little article…..a pure prick, just how I like them.

First time in 52 years I have not had a dog around me sat here twiddling my thumbs after been up since 5 am. I need another dog if only for my mental health. It's an emptiness I can't describe when yo

Any dog is “tying”, not just a lurcher or terrier, but so are cage birds, horses, poultry, etc. Now, I’m most definitely NOT having a pop at anyone who thinks having a lurcher is “to tying”, but

Posted Images

i met sam wilkes through an old friend of mine jack carter he was about eighty odd with one leg he was a judge for staffordshie bull terriers and very clued up with staffs he got me my first dog,i told him i didnot want shit i wanted something with a bit of go,i saw a printed picture of my dogs dad and said thats what i want something like that,he replied that belongs to a friend of mine sam wilkes he told me they were good dogs,i used to go to jacks house once a week he used to get all his bits on dogs out and wed talk for hours and hed tell me when everyone used to cull there dogs different times 

• Like 2

Probably the 2 Ive got now.Knocking on 50 and aint been without at least 2 dogs since I was at school.Be nice to not have to get up an hour earlier every morning through the winter and walk them before going on site all day or be able to just come in and do f**k all after a days graft if Im shattered.Or be able to just up and f**k off for however long I fancy. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Dont know after the 2 i have now go i might have a break its a pain watching your back all the time worrying about where can you let them run  , Then i think i might get back into Jack russells a nice wee terrier you could mooch about with and it would draw less attention than two big running dogs 

• Like 1

I quite fancy a bull mastiff or some easily maintained protection for the family, but not until the lurcher goes, currently got my mum's Russell here, as for last dog probably rescue a couple once the kids have grown....

9 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I thought about a whippet or a staff when I retire but tbh seeing prices of dogs and vets bills and having the freedom to just book a break and go when I like I think I won’t be getting another tbh .

Similar thinking to myself, mate,  life sure is easier without a dog/dogs around.

Maybe change my mind in a few years, but doubt it.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Promised the Mrs that when i hit 50 , anything i still have,will be put to sleep,be nice to be able to drop things,and go where we like, without the worry of paying someone to look after or put in kennels when we want to go away...told the mrs she can have a cat instead ?

When i lost the last 2 of mine in a short succession I found the freedom was hard to get use to, At first, But then the idea and freedom of being able to book a flight for the next day and just go anywhere, without all the hassle of sorting out dogs made it better. Never had so many holidays Lol.  

The Pat bitch I have of 7 will be the last for me .As said arranging cover for exercise never mind feeding is a pain when you go away .Wasn’t too bad when my old digging partner used to kennel them at any time .The old girl is now 14 and still ratting like a good un .Young un is full on and wants to kill everything .

• Like 1

Only ever had two dogs,both lurchers,both died of old age,if I settled in one place I might get another,but a dog is a huge commitment and owning one is restrictive.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, mackem said:

Only ever had two dogs,both lurchers,both died of old age,if I settled in one place I might get another,but a dog is a huge commitment and owning one is restrictive.

It never crossed my mind dogs were a tie until I have more time on my hands to travel .That’s when it become a bind especially when nobody wants to exercise a dog aggressive terrier. Fine with each but old girl hell on legs with anything bigger that she sees as week .She’s fine working most the time ,ratting with other terriers as long as there’s rats about .

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

It never crossed my mind dogs were a tie until I have more time on my hands to travel .That’s when it become a bind especially when nobody wants to exercise a dog aggressive terrier. Fine with each but old girl hell on legs with anything bigger that she sees as week .She’s fine working most the time ,ratting with other terriers as long as there’s rats about .

always fancied a patterdale i remember years ago in the states they was into pitbull pat xs i bet they could go some