Anyone tell me what beast of a dog this horrible animal..

I got the expression from my old man too. The days of political,correctness hadn't arrived. I remember, just after the war, ( 2nd  World War smart arses).  We had  the luxury of meat for Sunday dinner. The old fella was just about to divvy up the roast when a stray cat appeared through an open window and tried to take off with the roast. The old man was on it like a shot, grabbed it by the back legs and smashed its head against the wall. He the finished it off, put it in the bin, and went back to carving. Job done.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My advice would be PTS 

Universal credit mastiff x I’d say 

Ridgeback cross ? Cheers.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I got the expression from my old man too. The days of political,correctness hadn't arrived. I remember, just after the war, ( 2nd  World War smart arses).  We had  the luxury of meat for Sunday dinner. The old fella was just about to divvy up the roast when a stray cat appeared through an open window and tried to take off with the roast. The old man was on it like a shot, grabbed it by the back legs and smashed its head against the wall. He the finished it off, put it in the bin, and went back to carving. Job done.

did you not think that was a bit OTT

• Haha 1
Just now, greg64 said:

did you not think that was a bit OTT

Nah. I was pleased the cat didn't get my share of meat.

It's all about priorities. I was going back to my accommodation in a taxi late at night in Greece. The driver confided to me that on his last journey, he had ordered the occupants out of his cab. He had run over a cat and his german passengers complained. He said he had lost his rag and left them in the middle of nowhere. He felt it hypocritical that the jerries had bombed his country during  the war and now were  moaning about a dead cat. Cats were seen as a pretty low form of life in the past and life was tough so, tbh, the cat my dad killed didn't give me nightmares.

I do continue to take  my tablets and attend therapy religiously though.

7 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Nah. I was pleased the cat didn't get my share of meat.

It's all about priorities. I was going back to my accommodation in a taxi late at night in Greece. The driver confided to me that on his last journey, he had ordered the occupants out of his cab. He had run over a cat and his german passengers complained. He said he had lost his rag and left them in the middle of nowhere. He felt it hypocritical that the jerries had bombed his country during  the war and now were  moaning about a dead cat. Cats were seen as a pretty low form of life in the past and life was tough so, tbh, the cat my dad killed didn't give me nightmares.

I do continue to take  my tablets and attend therapy religiously though.

well if meat was that short you should of eaten  the cat 

Edited by greg64
  • 1 month later...
On 29/07/2023 at 16:38, tatsblisters said:

What happened to this dog was it rehomed. 

1.  Yep, and it has a very nice life.

2.  Nope, it still lives in a shit hole garden surrounded by its own faeces.

3.  Yep, and its killed the new owners children and grandmuvva.

4.  Or living in a different shit hole garden with a skunk head that doesn't walk it.

One of the above, maybe, sort of.

• Haha 1