Flights wtf

Not been able to get away for a few years but had a look at flights over the weekend is it me or have they doubled even trebbled in price I know most things have gone up but this takes the piss surely..

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

explain how going to gary glitters playground would expand my mind in any positive way?  it’s a sweaty 3rd world shithole mate  i said to ourlass we’re  off to thailand for a holiday she’d s

I am more dubious of people who stereotype without having a real understanding of the world,travel broadens the mind.

he heard about it  on www.come f**k a bloke.com lol

Posted Images

Nope its not just you mate.Tried booking a couple of flights to Dam just before Easter to take my missus away for her birthday.Couldnt get a flight out of Gatwick,Southend or stanstead.Heathrow only at just over 200quid each 60quid each for a cabin case and around 150 quid to park fom tuesday to friday.80quid for a flight out of Gatwick before lockdown,Cabin case went free and about 70quid for valet parking for a long weekend

• Like 1

Airline ticket prices vary wildly. 
Book well in advance, don’t fly on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday and you’ll find it cheaper.

Ive seen it cheaper to book a weeks holiday, hotel, meals and flights included, than buying a regular return flight.

But to be fair, I can fly Newcastle - New York return cheaper than getting a Newcastle - London return train ticket !

Mad, eh ?

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

Airline ticket prices vary wildly. 
Book well in advance, don’t fly on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday and you’ll find it cheaper.

Ive seen it cheaper to book a weeks holiday, hotel, meals and flights included, than buying a regular return flight.

But to be fair, I can fly Newcastle - New York return cheaper than getting a Newcastle - London return train ticket !

Mad, eh ?

Cheers.

I was hoping to go to somewhere in Asia charts but each country iv checked is between 1800 n 3000 n that's obviously just for flight?

Good to know about which days not to go I didn't know that?

Yup it’s gone tits up crazy mate, prices gone threw the roof. We paid £7500 for 5 of us to fly return to Thailand. My beer money was drastically reduced could only afford 15 pints aday terrible situation it is

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, smithie said:

Try clear all cookies and cache then try again it should be cheaper..

WWW.MICROSOFT.COM

Learn how to clear your browser cache and cookies in minutes. Improve your Internet speed...

You’ve cracked it mate .Never buy anything after your history is full of searches .

• Like 2

Key to flight buying is last minute get away lads .Prebook a year away and your already paying 40% more than it’s worth .Wrong but there tis .Don’t stick with same airline thinking theres loyalty and forget upgrades online .Just a taxi to and from destination for me ,don’t care if we are cattle class or what .

25 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Yup it’s gone tits up crazy mate, prices gone threw the roof. We paid £7500 for 5 of us to fly return to Thailand. My beer money was drastically reduced could only afford 15 pints aday terrible situation it is

Ah, long gone are the days when a “Mekong set”, ( a bottle of Thai whiskey, a litre bottle of cola and a bucket of ice), cost 70 baht, less than £1:50 at the time!

Cheers.

On 11/06/2023 at 21:47, dodger said:

Not been able to get away for a few years but had a look at flights over the weekend is it me or have they doubled even trebbled in price I know most things have gone up but this takes the piss surely..

Any ideas of where you’re heading?Did you get a ticket?

On 13/06/2023 at 16:50, mackem said:

Any ideas of where you’re heading?Did you get a ticket?

Hi mate I waw hoping somewhere in Asia for a month but with the prices the way they are to fly it might have to be a couple of weeks in benidorm lol

On 12/06/2023 at 20:23, mackem said:

Just been to Holland £230.Priced a flight to Pakistan a few months back at £900,got flight to America at £200 more than I paid 6 months ago.

56EA1273-D47B-49B7-AD89-4F8AA63B0444.jpeg

Pakistan?

K2?