RIP to a Legendary British Dogman

1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

Im guessing that would be Nikki ?.....of folk who were around in the late 80's who i may occasionally still have a natter with most say she was the best bitch they ever saw.

IMG_1295.jpg

I know very little about these dogs...but that bitch really stands out...looks aren't everything I suppose, but she really looks the part 

• Like 4

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know gamedogs are not to many peoples tastes but a great dogman is a great dogman regardless so on a working dog forum just wanted to pay respects after hearing of the passing of The Plymouth Rock M

Im guessing that would be Nikki ?.....of folk who were around in the late 80's who i may occasionally still have a natter with most say she was the best bitch they ever saw.  

Always nice when a good one has the looks too

Posted Images

5 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

He was the start of the Red Strain Staffords that were popular through the years.....i have a youngster here now with Red Warrior way back in his ped.

I vaguely remember the dog I was only a young kid at the time,i remember the son and a couple of daughters off the dog,I spent a lot of time around then dog's as a kid we used to be out the back garden alone playing with 4 or 5 them and them dog's never showed any aggression towards us not matter how much we pulled out of them,and they got out infront of us one day and nailed a big dog on the road I'd never seen anything like it,he told me the story on the dog and how he came to sell it,he said he got the dog off a fella called Tony Lee,and he never planned on selling him and said he refused to sell it to Dann a few time's,and said one day he was after having an argument with his Mrs and was heading out the door to the pub and as Dann was walking into his garden and he sold him in temper,he said he always regretted selling him

• Like 3
30 minutes ago, spindolero said:

i was told some very good bull crosses in the 80s came out of mayfield dogs from Plymouth 

GA had Dazzle, RW had Buck, WS had General then there was several 3/4 breeds. My dad had bullet and dack out of Dazzle and Bruno out of buck

Edited by South hams hunter
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Only my opinion mate.....but yes the outcrossing of 2 inbred dogs with the same genetic starting point.

id agree mate it works in the coursing dogs aswell 

Edited by mC HULL
1 hour ago, peterhunter86 said:

I vaguely remember the dog I was only a young kid at the time,i remember the son and a couple of daughters off the dog,I spent a lot of time around then dog's as a kid we used to be out the back garden alone playing with 4 or 5 them and them dog's never showed any aggression towards us not matter how much we pulled out of them,and they got out infront of us one day and nailed a big dog on the road I'd never seen anything like it,he told me the story on the dog and how he came to sell it,he said he got the dog off a fella called Tony Lee,and he never planned on selling him and said he refused to sell it to Dann a few time's,and said one day he was after having an argument with his Mrs and was heading out the door to the pub and as Dann was walking into his garden and he sold him in temper,he said he always regretted selling him

Nice little story that thanks for sharing it....im pretty sure Red Warrior sired Mo Danns Rocky who in turn produced Red Joe who was spoken about earlier,though i might be wrong...and then of course Springview took those Staffords to another level in my opinion....Mo had all sorts at his place i remember a few of us going down there mid 80's he had digging Terriers,Staffords,Pigeons,Roosters the lot.....all i was interested in was the Pit Bulls though i remember at one point he had a great big catmill made up like what Don Mayfield used to condition dogs on it was brilliant i thought id died and gone to heaven at that point of life....especially having to come back to my shitty little 2 up 2 down in Bethnal Green ?

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 6
9 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

even though pits were never my thing I find threads like this with  there history the thought that went in to breeding conditioning ect interesting thanks for sharing 

i’m the same black i enjoy the read and pics ?

• Like 1
Just now, stop.end said:

It's called line breeding lol.. and works with all stock. Terriers  hounds strong dogs, horses racing pigeons...

i know lol

it produces better animals for graft then inbreeding 

37 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

How can it be called line breeding if it’s 2 different inbred lines............it’s called what it is.....outcrossing inbred dogs.

there from the same family tree 

outcrossing would be going to something that hasn’t any blood the same in it 

or how i thought lol

Edited by mC HULL
2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

IMG_1295.jpg

??? what a bitch fantastic,some condition too gnash