New football thread

1 hour ago, scotty12 said:

Can’t bet it mate …. Watch that any day of the week  rather than that soulless epl snooze fest 😴 

The Raynes Park one is good, Connor Gallaghers brother is the head coach.

Its even lower leagues than Dorking so very relatable. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The way we've treated Moyse is f****n disgusting....im not against a new manager it probably is the right time but theres ways of doing things and the man deserves respect and a good send off yet we'v

West Ham fans in town all day and not a murmur until wives/families get attacked by " ultras " at the game itself.....embarrassing !! There was a handful of chaps on each stairwell stopping them

My Hammers will struggle this year ,some fans want Moyse gone but personally i cant see the point we have a manager thats proved he can improve the club,owners willing to throw money at it.....at what

Posted Images

I am watching the EFL cup final and bind it bizzarre that Jamie Carragher is doing the live commentary on a Liverpool game. I am not bothered about unbias, not as though he refereeing, I find all this over analysis of a game as it is being played sucks the energy out of it anyway and usually try and find a foreign channel stream with only 1 commentator. What puzzles me is why Carragher would want to do it? No doubt he is being handsomely paid but I am sure he would manage to pay this month's energy bills without working today. Why would he not prefer to enjoy the match away from a camera or a mic and properly support the club he loves? 

18 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

I am watching the EFL cup final and bind it bizzarre that Jamie Carragher is doing the live commentary on a Liverpool game. I am not bothered about unbias, not as though he refereeing, I find all this over analysis of a game as it is being played sucks the energy out of it anyway and usually try and find a foreign channel stream with only 1 commentator. What puzzles me is why Carragher would want to do it? No doubt he is being handsomely paid but I am sure he would manage to pay this month's energy bills without working today. Why would he not prefer to enjoy the match away from a camera or a mic and properly support the club he loves? 

I just wish he would shut up ,he's an annoying tit ...

• Haha 1

My great nephew supporting wor lasses and his older brother at Wembley supporting his team. Pains me to see one of them wearing red but his great, great uncle played for them, we never had a Newcastle player in the family. Not yet 🙂 

PHOTO-2024-02-25-14-51-14.jpg

PHOTO-2024-02-25-15-45-46.jpg

• Like 5
1 minute ago, eastcoast said:

PHOTO-2024-02-25-16-19-37.jpg

PHOTO-2024-02-25-16-19-22.jpg

What a lovely bit of history and connection for that young lad, he will remember that forever 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, WILF said:

What a lovely bit of history and connection for that young lad, he will remember that forever 

Dick was only 5' 6 1/2". My great nephew is of a similar stamp but a canny player, even if I do say so myself. Something that he is reminded of when others are bigger, which they usually are. He loves his football though, and that's all that matters. 

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

My great uncle Dick Johnson. I was going to try and tipex out the Sunderland bit but he only played a few games for them as a "gentleman player" and was never actually on the books. 

Dick Johnson.png

A Gatesheed lad ! Just like mesel ! 
Cheers.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

A Gatesheed lad ! Just like mesel ! 
Cheers.

From the Teams. Escaped a life working in the pits. Still died young though but hey ho. The only other great uncle I had who escaped the pits died on a troop ship at 18 in WW1 even though he was in a reserved occupation. Brave lad.

24 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

From the Teams. Escaped a life working in the pits. Still died young though but hey ho. The only other great uncle I had who escaped the pits died on a troop ship at 18 in WW1 even though he was in a reserved occupation. Brave lad.

I was at the Teams just a few days ago.

I well remember the Waggon Team pub, a great landmark !

Cheers.

2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I hope you took the opportunity to remind that young man that of all those names on that board , none of them have ever seen gerrard win the premier league 

I did not. It would be lost on him. I am just happy that he is enjoying supporting a team that is winning things. Something that I have never experienced 🙂 

• Like 1

Just found out a brilliant bit of history which my pal @gnasher16 will absolutely hate ! Lol 

My boy asked me where the river Thames got it’s name so while going down that path I veered off when I seen Thames Ironworks got a mention.

Turns out the bloke who saved Thames Ironworks when they were going to go out of business was from Greenwich……but wait, it’s gets better……the bloke who then went on to found Thames Ironworks FC was from…….Denmark Hill ! Lol 

Who would have thought, without a couple of south Londoners West Ham Utd wouldn’t exist ! 

That’s the terrier getting a kick up the arse on its daily walk ! Lol