New football thread

50 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I read a report about how many assaults or incidents reported about that the figure was high and something they looking to seriously clamp down on there was a game abandoned a few weeks ago due to a linesman being chinned near me player banned for life 

Everything filters down….where top fight football has made it all about “refs” and “decisions” consequently grass roots refs think it’s all about them and decisions…..and it’s rules and decisions that just don’t translate as you go down the levels !

Meanwhile, your common or garden person watching thinks everything is a “sky sport” talking point to be outraged about and lads who do actually know what they are looking at are getting frustrated as f**k at the ludicrous standard of refereeing ! 

I watched a thing the other days that sums it up best, the game belongs to the players !……if refs just remembered that it would save at least 50% of the aggro…..it’s not their f***ing game, it’s our game and we know it inside out. 

I will add, some grass roots coaches don’t help….I seen the classic add the other day on a town social media page:

”Good standard players wanted to add to U11 side”

Good standard ?…..they are 10 years old !!…..what sort of halfwit mentality is that ?

But it tells you everything you need to know about what that coach wants when he takes his team to matches …..and that’s the mentality that makes things go wrong. 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The way we've treated Moyse is f****n disgusting....im not against a new manager it probably is the right time but theres ways of doing things and the man deserves respect and a good send off yet we'v

West Ham fans in town all day and not a murmur until wives/families get attacked by " ultras " at the game itself.....embarrassing !! There was a handful of chaps on each stairwell stopping them

My Hammers will struggle this year ,some fans want Moyse gone but personally i cant see the point we have a manager thats proved he can improve the club,owners willing to throw money at it.....at what

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, WILF said:

Everything filters down….where top fight football has made it all about “refs” and “decisions” consequently grass roots refs think it’s all about them and decisions…..and it’s rules and decisions that just don’t translate as you go down the levels !

Meanwhile, your common or garden person watching thinks everything is a “sky sport” talking point to be outraged about and lads who do actually know what they are looking at are getting frustrated as f**k at the ludicrous standard of refereeing ! 

I watched a thing the other days that sums it up best, the game belongs to the players !……if refs just remembered that it would save at least 50% of the aggro…..it’s not their f***ing game, it’s our game and we know it inside out. 

I will add, some grass roots coaches don’t help….I seen the classic add the other day on a town social media page:

Good standard ?…..they are 10 years old !!…..what sort of halfwit mentality is that ?

But it tells you everything you need to know about what that coach wants when he takes his team to matches …..and that’s the mentality that makes things go wrong. 

About the coach thing. When I was playing rugby our coach from the age of 9 to 13 was a complete knob about it training us like we was the 2003 England World Cup team. Put a lot of good players off over his time. But on the flip side we won a lot of comps around the country. I ended up playing up a year group for 3 seasons as I preferred the coach 

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, WILF said:

Yes I think we talked about coaching youngsters before and making fun and letting them be kids at that age  I have seen a few clips of parents shouting orders out from the side lines and kids coaches going mad about it or when they are on one as to why there son isn't starting. it would make sense to encourage ex players to become refs or certainly take over var given there experience in the game 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Gypsydog94 said:

About the coach thing. When I was playing rugby our coach from the age of 9 to 13 was a complete knob about it training us like we was the 2003 England World Cup team. Put a lot of good players off over his time. But on the flip side we won a lot of comps around the country. I ended up playing up a year group for 3 seasons as I preferred the coach 

My point was mate, nobody is “good standard” at 10 years old because they are still developing as players…..if the bloke wants “good standard” players at 10 years old then it’s because he cares more about winning at any cost……wether that is because of his ego, because he don’t know how to develop young players or because he thinks he is Sunday league U11s answer to Alex Ferguson god only knows….it’s just a stupid f***ing thing to say. 
These are the geezers that get over excited at grass roots football because they are there for the wrong reasons. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Blackmag said:

Yes I think we talked about coaching youngsters before and making fun and letting them be kids at that age  I have seen a few clips of parents shouting orders out from the side lines and kids coaches going mad about it or when they are on one as to why there son isn't starting. it would make sense to encourage ex players to become refs or certainly take over var given there experience in the game 

I have seen some really, really good under age refs….they will stop a game, explain things to kids, let them take a foul throw again and show them how to do it, explain why a foul is a foul etc etc….brilliant !…..nobody gets excited because they make it all about the players and their game.

But I have seen other refs cracking on like they are Pierluigi Collina reffing a bad tempered champions league game in Istanbul !……kids looking at them baffled and causing nothing but aggro with their arrogant manner……refs have their part to play, they ain’t blameless.

A good ref will make a potentially aggro game good and a bad ref will make a nothing game go wonky.

Edited to add:

Funny enough, I got sent off from the sideline Sunday at a mens game ! Lol 

The standard of reffing here is f***ing diabolical at the best of times so it’s not a hard thing to have happen to a bloke.

He got a yellow card out in the first 10 minutes for a player (who was completely oblivious of any offence) coming back into the field of play without being waved back on by the ref…….no sensible little spoken warning, went straight to the pocket !…….where can he go from there ?

Well, any player will tell you it’s down a f***ing rabbit hole…..he has left himself nowhere to go ! And so now it’s cards for everything and then a sending off for a player grabbing another player to help himself up off the floor and that’s just the first half ! 

That shit needs to be reprimanded, it used to be called holding the ref to account….now it’s abuse ! Lol 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
37 minutes ago, WILF said:

I have seen some really, really good under age refs….they will stop a game, explain things to kids, let them take a foul throw again and show them how to do it, explain why a foul is a foul etc etc….brilliant !…..nobody gets excited because they make it all about the players and their game.

But I have seen other refs cracking on like they are Pierluigi Collina reffing a bad tempered champions league game in Istanbul !……kids looking at them baffled and causing nothing but aggro with their arrogant manner……refs have their part to play, they ain’t blameless.

A good ref will make a potentially aggro game good and a bad ref will make a nothing game go wonky.

Edited to add:

The standard of reffing here is f***ing diabolical at the best of times so it’s not a hard thing to have happen to a bloke.

He got a yellow card out in the first 10 minutes for a player (who was completely oblivious of any offence) coming back into the field of play without being waved back on by the ref…….no sensible little spoken warning, went straight to the pocket !…….where can he go from there ?

Well, any player will tell you it’s down a f***ing rabbit hole…..he has left himself nowhere to go ! And so now it’s cards for everything and then a sending off for a player grabbing another player to help himself up off the floor and that’s just the first half ! 

That shit needs to be reprimanded, it used to be called holding the ref to account….now it’s abuse ! Lol 

I totally get what your saying most of it is common sense but it seems like they take every letter of the law literally were a word of two would be better than a card  but like I said earlier instead of folking money out on all this diversity nonsense invest it in training grass roots or league refs up 

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I totally get what your saying most of it is common sense but it seems like they take every letter of the law literally were a word of two would be better than a card  but like I said earlier instead of folking money out on all this diversity nonsense invest it in training grass roots or league refs up 

Absolutely agree mate 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Blackmag said:

How's your lad getting on playing wilf 

Just turned 16 and is playing local adult football now mate, will play youth U18 in the summer…..he is doing ok thanks mate.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, WILF said:

Edited to add:

Easier to sort out a bad ref in a rugby match. Pick the ball up from the back of a ruck and run smack bang into him helps if you got a mate on side with you and completely flatten them 😅

• Like 1
On 05/12/2023 at 10:29, big sid said:

neil lennon and warnock in for the job, maybe micky beale

It's looking like beale can't believe( well I can) the backlash that is having a lot have already turned on him and the owners and he hasn't even been appointed yet and after hearing Newcastle allocation it's not been a good week for them 

On 15/12/2023 at 12:40, Blackmag said:

I see the premiership is about to get it's first woman ref just the start after the fa are trying to recruit 50% more black and ethic referees as there under represented be better investing that in better training for the ones they have I see that a ref copped one in Turkey of a chairman 

She was reffing in league two two years ago . 

absolute box ticking 

11 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

absolute box ticking 

Spot on and it’s f***ing redic opening up a can of worms footballs been finished for a few years now anyways at elite level 

joey Barton’s a plonker but he’s spot on about it’s what he’s saying 

had a girl ref ages of about  25 or something doing our game at semi pro last year ( her dads head of referee’s at the sfa) she admitted herself during the game that it was too fast paced for her and was a bit out her depth 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Blackmag said:

It's looking like beale can't believe( well I can) the backlash that is having a lot have already turned on him and the owners and he hasn't even been appointed yet and after hearing Newcastle allocation it's not been a good week for them 

I was in town with my nephew and his mates for the Milan game and they were discussing the upcoming Sunderland - Newcastle game and we’re looking forward to getting their tickets and hiring a mini bus to go to the game.

But the police have limited the away tickets to 6,000, (FA rules said we should have had 7,300) , and that was only on condition that every toon fan MUST travel in official Newcastle supplied coaches and can only pick their ticket up onboarding the coach.

If Newcastle didn’t comply , the tickets would be limited to 2,500 !

Miss the coach, no ticket, and any Newcastle fan buying a ticket for Sunderland fans area will

be banned from Newcastle games and have their season ticket revoked.

A lot harsher that last time I was at a “derby” game. We just turned up and bought a ticket at the turnstile ! That was about 50 years ago though!

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
17 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

absolute box ticking 

A Turkish player in Germany said to a ref she had no place being a ref in men's football as punishment he had to be a ref in school girls football im just watching Everton Burnley half time commentary 2 women and Jamie redknapp needless to say volumes of its a piss take no wonder plenty are switching of 

• Like 1