Energy Prices

12 hours ago, leegreen said:

My electricity bill goes from £2670 per year to £12,700 . Beat that!  Direct debit is gonna be £1005/month 

If that's business then mine's gone from £7000 a year to a eye watering £33,000 . Accountant reckons try and ride it out then getting another fixed term at a high rate 

• Sad 2

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sandy seems to think if you are anti Labour, anti EU and think having Corbyn, Mc Donnell and Abbot running the country is absolutely insane, you are automatically a Tory ! Well, no, I voted Labou

Why would the government and big energy companies want to invest money into ways people can live off-grid and independent from them??  It's a business and the world is a business. It has nothing

Other than knocking lights off,stuff off standby,we have carried on regardless since all these energy price hikes started....Gas, Electric and the mortgage,is just shy of £1200 per month,add fuel to g

Posted Images

There is the technology to make every single house independent of the grid but it’s costly to set up which is why it’s not being pushed .I can’t understand why every new build or extension hasn’t got an enforced green energy installation as part of planning .
Its got to come so why not now .The answer is the big oil companies have put a stop to it .

• Like 4
1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

There is the technology to make every single house independent of the grid but it’s costly to set up which is why it’s not being pushed .I can’t understand why every new build or extension hasn’t got an enforced green energy installation as part of planning .
Its got to come so why not now .The answer is the big oil companies have put a stop to it .

I've often wondered why all new builds don't include, at the very least, solar panels ?

They would add very little to the overall cost, and would pay for themselves, as I understand, in 5 to 7 years.

OK, not as the only electrical supply, but to compliment the grid supply.

Cheers.

• Like 4

A guy I shoot with is a real green, hippy type. He heats his house with a combination of solar, geo themal and some sort of green heat pump. Won't fly,only drives for essential purposes, and only eats meat he kills himself.

He's forever bollocking me for not being as green as him. Trouble is I don't disagree with him. But I'm too feckin old to invest in all that stuff now. Plus my Mrs loves holidays in the sun.

It should be up to governments,to subsidise us so we can all,afford green technology.

6 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I've often wondered why all new builds don't include, at the very least, solar panels ?

They would add very little to the overall cost, and would pay for themselves, as I understand, in 5 to 7 years.

OK, not as the only electrical supply, but to compliment the grid supply.

Cheers.

Sorry to keep on repeating myself, but the governments of the world want total dependency and frown upon any form of self sufficiency, they are about 85% there now, that’s why they are starting the next chapter of pricing everyone out of there own homes, it’s happening right in front of everyone’s face but still just a conspiracy, you will own nothing and be happy  ?????

• Like 5

Following on from my last post. I was shooting with my"hippy" mate yesterday and we stopped for sandwiches. I had brought us a can of guiness each and just to wind him up, I threw my empty can onto the heather as though I was going to leave it there. Predictably he went ballistic, calling me all the c**ts under the sun for leaving litter. I let him blow off and then said to him with a grin." Hook, line and f****n sinker". 

Took him five minutes to set the funny side.

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Sorry to keep on repeating myself, but the governments of the world want total dependency and frown upon any form of self sufficiency, they are about 85% there now, that’s why they are starting the next chapter of pricing everyone out of there own homes, it’s happening right in front of everyone’s face but still just a conspiracy, you will own nothing and be happy  ?????

There deffo seems to be more people now then ever trying to live off grid out of rat race ect. I mean people living on boats such as yourself or people coming out of a house to live travelling in a campervan ect.  Unless it's just you hear of more because of the internet and social media ect.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

If that's business then mine's gone from £7000 a year to a eye watering £33,000 . Accountant reckons try and ride it out then getting another fixed term at a high rate 

Too be honest if they don't sort the leccy bills out, while I,m having my pants pulled down and getting bummed by the leccy, I may as well go back on the game earn a few quid pmsl. Deuce Bigalow eat your heart out lol 

Just now, Leo Sayer said:

Too be honest if they don't sort the leccy bills out, while I,m having my pants pulled down and getting bummed by the leccy, I may as well go back on the game earn a few quid pmsl. Deuce Bigalow eat your heart out lol 

Send me a photo and prices for ALL services.

• Haha 1

Why would the government and big energy companies want to invest money into ways people can live off-grid and independent from them?? 

It's a business and the world is a business. It has nothing to do with saving the planet, nothing to do with cutting back on plastic bags, nothing to do with saving the pandas and has absolutely nothing to do with climate change.

It's all politically correct gesturing inorder to ring people dry of their finances and maintain control of the current power structure. It's a no brainer. 

• Like 11
1 hour ago, Jonjon79 said:

I reckon I can get the gas and electric run past the meters with a valve installed so that I can just run each through the meters every other day :hmm:

........ that'll put the bills back near where they should be.

Do it slowly they are suspicious of sudden drops in usage and will put a clamp meter on your supply to check your usage, against your meter reading ??

• Like 4

Not really the same as most of you as I live on bottled gas, a 13kg bottle lasts me 5 weeks and at the start of the year was £30 they have gone up by a pound every time I got a refill have just been out for a refill and it’s gone up over a tenner this time to £52 ??