View from your swim part 2

On 10/10/2024 at 12:17, South hams hunter said:

I dig through thousands of the lugging, are they a reliable bait? Tried them a few times with no joy personally 

My preferred bait these are big ones though bout 5 inches or more. All I use if I can. You can’t beat them and dodge the bloody schoolies and flounders. Bass tend to be 3lb and up on average 

IMG_7637.jpeg

IMG_7636.jpeg

IMG_7331.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Already looking forward to the warmer weather.

Drove down to the gulf. When I started to release the shark,someone set off a firework display.Good timing lol.    

Posted Images

Just got back from a 4 day trip to the fraser river in BC. Sturgeon fishing was pretty slow overall but my son and mate both had pb's (son got an 8ft3in and my mate a 7ft 6"). Salmon fishing was better than usual and we had coho every morning (used for bait) and a chinook.

20241011_140109.jpg

20241013_115202.jpg

20241013_115146.jpg

20241010_074116.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, gazjon5 said:

Just got back from a 4 day trip to the fraser river in BC. Sturgeon fishing was pretty slow overall but my son and mate both had pb's (son got an 8ft3in and my mate a 7ft 6"). Salmon fishing was better than usual and we had coho every morning (used for bait) and a chinook.

20241011_140109.jpg

20241013_115202.jpg

20241013_115146.jpg

20241010_074116.jpg

That's a beast of a sturgeon,we're you in chilliwack?Boat/accommodation recommendations?

2 hours ago, mackem said:

That's a beast of a sturgeon,we're you in chilliwack?Boat/accommodation recommendations?

I fished around Chilliwack in the Vedder for the salmon each morning Mack, but we stayed in an airbnb and launched my own boat at Mission Bridge, a couple of miles down the road. I have been taking my own boats there for the last 10 yrs and never used a guide, the launches around Chilliwack are not great for a boat with a prop like mine (fine for a jet boat though). Also the Fraser above Chilliwack gets proper shallow and the banks / gravel-bars change every year, below Chilliwack it is deeper and the gravel-bars dont move much. Lots of good guides on the river, but if it was my money i would head out with Lang at Langs Fishing Adventures, or Dean at  Greatriverfishing (but make sure you go with them not one of there other guides). I would ask to head up the canyon as well rather than the lower river, (way more scenic, get a jet boat ride through the rapids and still monster sized fish). Heading there in September on an odd year for when the pinks are running up, or October (any year) for when the coho are heading up is usually the best / most consistent fishing of the year, but any month except May, June and July when the freshet (snow melt flood) is on you will get sturgeon. We do a day / half day each trip in the Harrison river as well, its not very long so only has a few spots to hit but the water is gin clear, its a beautiful spot and it is my banker spot to pick up dead floater salmon for stink bait. The Fraser runs like chocolate milkshake usually, and a lot of it is pretty industrial and not what you would assume from beautiful BC........ If you or anyone ever wants any more info on fishing there feel free to message me.

• Thanks 1

It's Been a while since I did any barbel fishing ,braved the floods today and made the effort...lost what felt like a decent fish just as it was getting dark...recasted with fresh boilies on the hook and a small mesh bag of the same...10 mins later, almost lost my rod off the pod🙈 fish was in 4 m plus of flood water and was giving me the run around...snagged and locked me up for 15 mins😬 managed to get it out after keeping the pressure on...fish kept taking run after run out into the mainflow🙈when it went over the net I new it was special....6 Oz off the current record..few more weeks this fish will blitz it👌 absolute whopper for the Wye🙏DSC_6697.JPG.63641d62c9404f1b43e90b69afa2b7b7.JPGDSC_6698.JPG.da93a9efbc222946b8845bfd94712755.JPGDSC_6699.JPG.20e44ca9b196ef5aee1853926b60ecf5.JPG

• Like 12
31 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Decent fish mate....the little man's growing like a weed😁👍

Cheers mate ...yea he is litter sod eats me out house and home, was looking for a Jr rod for him for while ended up just getting him same rod as me and he's loving it at min , except for when he gets a pike on bank won't go near it lol 

• Like 2
On 20/10/2024 at 23:39, Daniel cain said:

It's Been a while since I did any barbel fishing ,braved the floods today and made the effort...lost what felt like a decent fish just as it was getting dark...recasted with fresh boilies on the hook and a small mesh bag of the same...10 mins later, almost lost my rod off the pod🙈 fish was in 4 m plus of flood water and was giving me the run around...snagged and locked me up for 15 mins😬 managed to get it out after keeping the pressure on...fish kept taking run after run out into the mainflow🙈when it went over the net I new it was special....6 Oz off the current record..few more weeks this fish will blitz it👌 absolute whopper for the Wye🙏DSC_6697.JPG.63641d62c9404f1b43e90b69afa2b7b7.JPGDSC_6698.JPG.da93a9efbc222946b8845bfd94712755.JPGDSC_6699.JPG.20e44ca9b196ef5aee1853926b60ecf5.JPG

Some fish that danny next few weeks al be fishing Trent. Let them big girls get some weight on them. That looks to be filling out nice. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

Some fish that danny next few weeks al be fishing Trent. Let them big girls get some weight on them. That looks to be filling out nice. 

On my list to get back up and fish the Trent,fished it once on the THL fishing comp yrs ago,this winter I will be fishing the taff trying to better my old pb of 17lb 2 Oz🤞

• Like 1
On 23/10/2024 at 08:03, Daniel cain said:

On my list to get back up and fish the Trent,fished it once on the THL fishing comp yrs ago,this winter I will be fishing the taff trying to better my old pb of 17lb 2 Oz🤞

Any decent places for pike on day ticket up your way mate was thinking getting a bnb or travle lodge over xmass break for 2 days 

1 hour ago, Elchapo said:

Any decent places for pike on day ticket up your way mate was thinking getting a bnb or travle lodge over xmass break for 2 days 

We just walk and fish the Brecon and Monmouthshire canal,you don't get bothered, plenty of places to stay back onto the canal,Talybont reservoir, llandegfwdd reservoir,type in pike fishing Wales into Google loads will come up👍

On 23/10/2024 at 08:03, Daniel cain said:

Yeah a like fishing at kelham hall day ticket not too bad priced to be fair. It's been taken over by somebody else now. Was closed for abit. Had some decent fish just next to the bridge few pegs up curves in abit Bit of cover too from wind. 

6 hours ago, Elchapo said:

FISHINGWALES.NET

In this predator fishing article, Adam Fisher of Angling Dreams shares his vast knowledge and passion for pike angling in ...

..give me a shout when your down,and I'll guest you and the boy on the Wye for the day😉👍

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:
FISHINGWALES.NET

In this predator fishing article, Adam Fisher of Angling Dreams shares his vast knowledge and passion for pike angling in ...

..give me a shout when your down,and I'll guest you and the boy on the Wye for the day😉👍

Appreciate it mate will defo sort a day or two out 👌

• Like 1