View from your swim part 2

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Already looking forward to the warmer weather.

Drove down to the gulf. When I started to release the shark,someone set off a firework display.Good timing lol.    

Posted Images

On 28/09/2024 at 21:57, mackem said:

I was thinking about this earlier,would be a decent cheap fishing holiday,easy to organise/book with huge amounts of fish.

20240921_145140.jpg

20240921_142421.jpg

£20 a head through the wardrobe lol

• Haha 1
On 28/09/2024 at 21:57, mackem said:

I was thinking about this earlier,would be a decent cheap fishing holiday,easy to organise/book with huge amounts of fish.

20240921_145140.jpg

20240921_142421.jpg

Totally agree mate, what sort of costs do you think? Id defo be on that plane

• Like 1
On 04/10/2024 at 08:22, Greyman said:

£20 a head through the wardrobe lol

The wardrobe was C.S.Lewis with Narnia and the fantasy big cat.

This is very much fact.most people's trip of a lifetime,pristine wilderness,and thousands of miles of great salmon fishing with huge numbers of fish.

20241005_151824.jpg

20240922_095801.jpg

20240922_095557.jpg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Totally agree mate, what sort of costs do you think? Id defo be on that plane

It would be easy to organise,I will be here again next year,I had an air BnB beside an exceptional river last month,and had a spare bedroom which I offered to Jukel but his wife wouldn't let him come,I footed the bill for the accommodation so that wouldn't have cost him a penny.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, mackem said:

It would be easy to organise,I will be here again next year,I had an air BnB beside an exceptional river last month,and had a spare bedroom which I offered to Jukel but his wife wouldn't let him come,I footed the bill for the accommodation so that wouldn't have cost him a penny.

That was a very nice offer, that place looks perfect

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

That was a very nice offer, that place looks perfect

I would have enjoyed Jukels company on the rivers,he is a salmon guy,knowledgeable on the fish,and I would have liked to see his reaction to packed pools.

Me and our kid might come....he's constantly trying to get me to accompany him to Canada and BC. Hes been a few times. Got a photo of him with a 30lb somewhere, that was trolling on a lake somewhere 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Me and our kid might come....he's constantly trying to get me to accompany him to Canada and BC. Hes been a few times. Got a photo of him with a 30lb somewhere, that was trolling on a lake somewhere 

You certainly will never have caught as many salmon in a day as you will here,this is last year,I found a few rivers this year where I was the only person on the stretch.

• Like 2
On 08/10/2024 at 06:39, South hams hunter said:

Can I ask what bait that is ? 

Cracking fish 👏

Mostly use gaper clam the big ones. Chinese have spotted them though and hammered the place so hard to get now. They seem to live mid tide line so don’t need big tides so they don’t get any peace 

3 hours ago, terryd said:

Mostly use gaper clam the big ones. Chinese have spotted them though and hammered the place so hard to get now. They seem to live mid tide line so don’t need big tides so they don’t get any peace 

I dig through thousands of the lugging, are they a reliable bait? Tried them a few times with no joy personally