View from your swim part 2

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Already looking forward to the warmer weather.

Drove down to the gulf. When I started to release the shark,someone set off a firework display.Good timing lol.    

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

Where's that gaz ? Nice size fish that what we saying 30 / 35 Lb dead weight aren't they it's bone that skull that weighs some. 

Yep it's my local river here in Alberta. He didn't weight it but it was probably around 25lb I would guess

• Like 1
5 hours ago, gazjon5 said:

Yep it's my local river here in Alberta. He didn't weight it but it was probably around 25lb I would guess

Nice fish mate. It's crazy because there like dead weight. You look at a carp the stomach on some it's like an air pocket. Where these are just pure machines. Designed for the rivers that they once came from originally. Amazing fish. We've got a couple in local lake but won't have that engine like the river sturgeon will. 

6 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

Nice fish mate. It's crazy because there like dead weight. You look at a carp the stomach on some it's like an air pocket. Where these are just pure machines. Designed for the rivers that they once came from originally. Amazing fish. We've got a couple in local lake but won't have that engine like the river sturgeon will. 

They scrap ok in the river, did my fair share of carp fishing when in the uk and reckon pound for pound carp fight slightly better usually. These are lake sturgeon, slightly different species to the white sturgeon in the Fraser / Columbia rivers, and these only go to about 6ft / 75lb. Even though they are called lake sturgeon we only get them here in rivers. They can be almost hollow early on in the spring when you get them, length and width / girth is similar there belly almost goes to the backbone when you pick them up. This time of year they are usually pretty full / heavy for there size. I might of been a bit harsh on the weight, looking again it was probably closer to 30lb, I wont tell the son that though, he struggles to get his head through the front door most days after a decent catch....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 27/09/2024 at 08:14, mackem said:

Should organise a THL salmon run trip for next year over here.

I was thinking about this earlier,would be a decent cheap fishing holiday,easy to organise/book with huge amounts of fish.

20240921_145140.jpg

20240921_142421.jpg

• Like 4
6 hours ago, mackem said:

I was thinking about this earlier,would be a decent cheap fishing holiday,easy to organise/book with huge amounts of fish.

20240921_145140.jpg

20240921_142421.jpg

Hey Mack are these great lakes fish? I will be over in BC fishing the fraserfor salmon and sturgeon thanksgiving weekend, even though it will be peak of the coho run we won't see numbers like yours!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gazjon5 said:

Hey Mack are these great lakes fish? I will be over in BC fishing the fraserfor salmon and sturgeon thanksgiving weekend, even though it will be peak of the coho run we won't see numbers like yours!

They are great lakes fish gaz,numbers are huge this year,bang some pics up if you get a decent sturgeon,I know some lads from sunderland who fished the frazer river at chilliwack and got some big fish.

20240921_162141.jpg

20240921_162139.jpg

20240921_161901.jpg

• Like 2
On 28/09/2024 at 21:57, mackem said:

20240921_145140.jpg

20240921_142421.jpg

I was fishing the river bush 5

weeks ago for salmon ended up breaking 2 ribs ffs, slipped on the wet grass landed on my fly reel, lost one missed 2 one of those days

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

I was fishing the river bush 5

weeks ago for salmon ended up breaking 2 ribs ffs, slipped on the wet grass landed on my fly reel, lost one missed 2 one of those days

Ya wouldn't blank here Len.

20240921_120736.jpg

20240921_120739.jpg

20240921_122002.jpg

20240921_132222.jpg

• Thanks 1