View from your swim part 2

Decent jack and a tiny one tonight , I'm finding myself disillusioned with perch , hard going but never know might hook a decent one but keep using jig head fish lures for some action...

IMG_20240710_203049291.jpg

• Like 5

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Already looking forward to the warmer weather.

Drove down to the gulf. When I started to release the shark,someone set off a firework display.Good timing lol.    

Posted Images

Won't be going there again this summer lol, absolutely full of weed , kids wrecked the rigs in five mins lol trees weeds and winding swivels through eyes I rerigged and they'd had enough, wife took them off I fished fast across the top even tried a weedless frog but nothing , at least on the Kennet boats keep it clear , saw a few tench mind be a nice spot to dangle a worm on a waggler or something...

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Borr said:

Won't be going there again this summer lol, absolutely full of weed , kids wrecked the rigs in five mins lol trees weeds and winding swivels through eyes I rerigged and they'd had enough, wife took them off I fished fast across the top even tried a weedless frog but nothing , at least on the Kennet boats keep it clear , saw a few tench mind be a nice spot to dangle a worm on a waggler or something...

The canal by me is virtually unfishable at the minute. It’s like a bowling green with floating duckweed . It does get broke up by the wind and heavy rain but you don’t know which bit will be fishable at any given time so unless I already know somewhere is clear I won’t bother with the canal till later in the year and I’ll go on the rivers after trout , chub , perch and grayling instead . Went on Friday and had a few brownies on my little Japanese lures , also had a Jack about 5lb in some really shallow fast water . Went down to the next section of shallow rapids and hooked a double that bit the £20 lure off after a few minutes . I’ve fished there for years and never known pike there and don’t know why they’d be in water so shallow , literally between ankle deep and a foot . It was a barbless single so it will come out easy so that’s not a problem but annoyingly I could only find 2 shops on the internet that had that particular colour lure in stock when I tried to replace the lure , 1 in Japan that wanted £30 postage and the other that had just 1 in stock in Lithuania so I’ve had to order from there . 

• Like 2

Yep I've seen quite a few guys on the trout on the soft lure groups. I do keep meaning to have a go on the culm and exe , I tend to get my fishing in while I'm away so I'll carry on with the canal for now , plus the Kennet stretches near me are £1300 a ticket, and lifting with big brownies. There are a few little tributaries might be worth looking into but I'm guessing it's fly chalk streams. Also I'm using knottable wire trace as standard now after losing too many fish, my mate got bitten off yesterday dropshotting, put a blue shad on and first chuck caught the culprit and got previous lure and weight back..luckily for the fish.

• Like 3

I've also been on temu for a few lures and ended up buying Digi scales, three telescopic rods with reels and other stuff for giving the lures a bash off the coast of Spain later in the year, if there's any suggestions for coastal soft lures?  I'm thinking maybe just similar jigheads maybe weedless hook type, and maybe jelly worms or jelly eels....

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Borr said:

Yep I've seen quite a few guys on the trout on the soft lure groups. I do keep meaning to have a go on the culm and exe , I tend to get my fishing in while I'm away so I'll carry on with the canal for now , plus the Kennet stretches near me are £1300 a ticket, and lifting with big brownies. There are a few little tributaries might be worth looking into but I'm guessing it's fly chalk streams. Also I'm using knottable wire trace as standard now after losing too many fish, my mate got bitten off yesterday dropshotting, put a blue shad on and first chuck caught the culprit and got previous lure and weight back..luckily for the fish.

Trout fishing with light lures is brilliant but the fly lot don’t like the riff raff catching their fish and tend to make access difficult but I’m lucky that it’s the coarse clubs that control most of the rivers round me and I can pick and choose where to go 

I tend to use 6lb cahira nitinol single strand titanium on the canal these days but mono or flouro for trout . I tend to miss the slower deeper sections and target shallow rapids and never had pike in them before but I’ll try the ti leaders now and see if it makes a difference to the trout because all my hard lures are jdm and I don’t want to be loosing £20-£35 lures every session mainly for the expense but also because they are not easy to replace 

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Borr said:

I've also been on temu for a few lures and ended up buying Digi scales, three telescopic rods with reels and other stuff for giving the lures a bash off the coast of Spain later in the year, if there's any suggestions for coastal soft lures?  I'm thinking maybe just similar jigheads maybe weedless hook type, and maybe jelly worms or jelly eels....

Savage sandeels and fiish black minnows I did alright with for bass , pollock and wrasse when I used to do that kind of fishing . There’ll be copies on temu and Ali . 9 7 tungsten are doing some lures that are worth a look and rooneys lures seem popular with the sea lads 

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, neil r said:

Savage sandeels and fiish black minnows I did alright with for bass , pollock and wrasse when I used to do that kind of fishing . There’ll be copies on temu and Ali . 9 7 tungsten are doing some lures that are worth a look and rooneys lures seem popular with the sea lads 

Good lure them Black minnows Neil.

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
1 minute ago, waltjnr said:

House sitting for a mate,his little pond ,small common so far 

20240721_150422.jpg

Just an excuse to sit and do nothing, in beautiful surroundings 

• Like 1