View from your swim part 2

17 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

What lake mate? My lads nagging me for a catfish....had planned to hit the Ebro this yr,but Im flatout workwise till xmas at the minute 🙄👍

Burton Springs - Fishing Holidays and Camping in Somerset

Its near Hinkley Point mate, they go to over 80lb+ can hire out the cabins which have electric, heater, TV etc if thats your thing. 

I bought 3 cat fish rods, 50" net for the trip and blanked so if you decide to give it a go give me a shout as your more than welcome to borrow the rods and net as you will be passing me on the way there 👍  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Already looking forward to the warmer weather.

Drove down to the gulf. When I started to release the shark,someone set off a firework display.Good timing lol.    

Posted Images

Talking of taking the lad fishing I was looking through some old pics last night with my son he is now a very accomplished carp angler but it all started when he used to sleep on my unhooking mat at the beck of my bivvy as  kid 

FAD05625-C0CE-47B8-A75F-468A3BE79269.jpeg

A856B4F3-08AB-4825-8805-9CE2ACA68CFA.jpeg

0EDC789B-CFFC-4D03-B724-959B10AF7378.jpeg

2BF7630C-5EE6-4029-8C34-3B31C4125B26.jpeg

25FAF78E-61F7-4626-A7CC-A9E8E45F3D4A.jpeg

• Like 14

Not bothered about distance GM,I enjoy a good roadtrip...got a few bits to do on my van,just undersealed it,new shower tray on Thursday ready for the summer then,just bought one of those inflatable awnings ,so more room,we will have to arrange a weekend on the cats,my lot and your lot 😁👍DSC_6235.JPG.55a3ba91feb8c6f35fd726d71bdee6ed.JPG

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Not bothered about distance GM,I enjoy a good roadtrip...got a few bits to do on my van,just undersealed it,new shower tray on Thursday ready for the summer then,just bought one of those inflatable awnings ,so more room,we will have to arrange a weekend on the cats,my lot and your lot 😁👍DSC_6235.JPG.55a3ba91feb8c6f35fd726d71bdee6ed.JPG

Nice one as you know like yourself I have rather a lot going on so if we don’t get it sorted by autumn will be 100% on for the spring mate, can get my mate to close a couple of swims and whack a load of bait in before we get up there 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, mole trapper said:

What are the rods you are using there please?

The one on the left is a tricast tribune spliced tip and the other is a dam carboron spliced tip . Ive gone back to older spliced tip rods , it’s not until you use them again you realise just how good they are compared to modern rods . I had drennan acolyte ultras and even though they are always mentioned as top rods they simply aren’t as good as the older ones . The reels are Abu 503’s 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1