Pond goldfish advice

iv lost 2 goldfish today in my little pond. The others are perfect and filters clean, uv working etc. Crystal clear water but these 2 have something odd happen to them. Is there anyone on here that could anyone tell me what this is? Cheers!....

20221110_134012.jpg

20221110_134935.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any fungus I’ve ever seen starts as a white fluff mate .I’d say that’s heron strike bud .

I’ve seen herons flying in 3 s and feeding together. Part ex the plastic heron for a 12 bore you will get better results 

My neighbour had them coming into his garden pond in the middle of Shafton. The only reason he knew was that I heard one and looked out of our window. Full moon like now are the times they fed at

Posted Images

Just now, foxdropper said:

Any fungus I’ve ever seen starts as a white fluff mate .I’d say that’s heron strike bud .

Thank you, iv had tank fish and allways seen white cotton fluff kind of stuff on the fins first then put some treatment in.

1 minute ago, paulus said:

Remember Herons also feed throughout the night more so in built up areas, so it may be you would never see it. 

Cheers I'm on the edge of small town its open countryside by me. I used to have a trial cam on it but I got lazy and stopped using it ? I only got rats and mice on the trial cam. I never expected a heron would come into the garden we have houses and gardens right up to us.

7 minutes ago, tomburras said:

Cheers I'm on the edge of small town its open countryside by me. I used to have a trial cam on it but I got lazy and stopped using it ? I only got rats and mice on the trial cam. I never expected a heron would come into the garden we have houses and gardens right up to us.

Mate of mine a few years ago. He lived in the centre of the village i live in, His house was surrounded by other houses, He had 2 smallish ponds with koi in some where quite large. Over the course of several weeks he found 2 of the large fish on the side of his ponds in the mornings, we suspected a cat, set a cat trap to no avail, we were coming back from lamping in the early hours one morning and a we spoked a heron from his garden, Here's another one to watch out for, i sat fishing a couple of months ago and watched a pair of crows pull 2 fish out of the commercial i was fishing.