Remember these imports?

19 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’ve seen very very good coursing types ironed out on the incessant of proper lamping . 

for me the best saluki stuff Is kept for why it’s known . For the daytime game , for the lamping stuff , I always liked dogs with some jank in it as they just have the stick to take the hammer . Best ever dog I’ve ever seen was a half cross grey saluki , electric to watch . 

Why the feck would anyone ever take a “very good coursing type “ out lamping  in the first place mate .

When coursing was the thing here ,the two runners were poles apart .Coursing dogs are all about straight lines and big country .Get a turning dog and your made .

Lampers ran clever with a decent speed to up a gear when needed .

We had 11 coursing kennels local here ,now track artists .
Best lurcher I ever owned was a terrier unknown x whippet grey .Took it all locally and only 22 to the shoulder .

Saw all the Hancock stuff come and go .

• Like 1

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just leave the bloke alone now boys, he ain’t here, it’s better for it imho but at the same token it ain’t right to be discussing the bloke either. We all know the crack, let’s move on….jmho 

The little brown runner, I paid £2.50 for, just wanted to kill everything and did, was only small but kill fox’s feral cats in seconds even dug a few pigs with her, bit hard mouthed for selling rabbit

My understanding is; way back in history, starting with the Romans, only Emporers and family were allowed to wear purple robes, this morphed into royalty and aristocracy being called "blue blooded", c

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Greyman said:

You never really missed much mate a bit like pheasant shooting, not our sort of people, 

I liked going beating, the beaters n guns mostly were all allright. Got a decent bit of permission out of it.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, WILF said:

I’ll tell you one thing, never mind 3/3 daytime hare dogs, I reckon the rarest dog out there is the out and out killer…….almost nobody owns those dogs imho

Owned a couple but the best was a red smooth wheaten cross, he was a proper killing dog and the dog that every one that came behind him was compared to but none came close. 

Some get the job done without much fuss but some do it with a drive and a hatefullness that makes them stand out from the rest. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, dogmandont said:

Some get the job done without much fuss but some do it with a drive and a hatefullness that makes them stand out from the rest. 

Dogs that make you love them mate ;) 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, dogmandont said:

Owned a couple but the best was a red smooth wheaten cross, he was a proper killing dog and the dog that every one that came behind him was compared to but none came close. 

That's well put mate....?

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
26 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

I've watched that so many times and still giggle at it 

It’s funny but I always think with these things, he wouldn’t be saying it about wogs…..that’s just plain gutless and I see it all the time here. 

3 minutes ago, WILF said:

It’s funny but I always think with these things, he wouldn’t be saying it about wogs…..that’s just plain gutless and I see it all the time here. 

Maybe he hasn't the same opinion on foreign folk as you,there's many that don't ....

7 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

Maybe he hasn't the same opinion on foreign folk as you,there's many that don't ....

As I say, I’m not in the least bit bothered by humour of any description mate, but the fact is he wouldn’t be saying it about blacks or Pakis……he would not have the bottle and he wouldn’t be allowed, he’d be finished ! 
These are your own people and it’s fine to make fun of anyone, but not if you don’t have the courage to do it to everyone and most people don’t ! 
It’s a basic lack of character 

Its got nothing to do with if you like people or not but like most places in Europe, it’s OK to not like your own ! 

Edited by WILF

I'll put you straight on something right now THEIR NOT MY PEOPLE ....their a law onto themselves,and nothing but trouble,...

would not have the bottle and he wouldn’t be allowed, he’d be finished,

And it's answered right there,comedy is a huge part of his career. .why would he do or say something to damage that....plus he probably isn't anti imigrants....I'm presuming

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

I'll put you straight on something right now THEIR NOT MY PEOPLE ....their a law onto themselves,and nothing but trouble,...

would not have the bottle and he wouldn’t be allowed, he’d be finished,

And it's answered right there,comedy is a huge part of his career. .why would he do or say something to damage that....plus he probably isn't anti imigrants....I'm presuming

He knows his audience well…….it’s condoned and accepted and, imho, all humour should be.

My boy gets called all the English c**ts under the sun every f***ing week, twice a week at football but we ain’t gutless little f**k pigs crying about getting called a nasty name and it’s accepted so he just does it right and gives as good as he gets and then some…….if they said the same to wogs (which they wouldn’t because they don’t have the arsehole) the teams would get thrown out of the league and that’s a fact.

Same with travellers getting stick, people do it because they feel safe doing it…..cringeworthy ! 

jmho of course.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1