Metal detecting Guys

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well out today windy as f**k ground was hard work with sensitivity few buttons and pennies and crap was about to give up as the farm as been hit hard by a club. Then hit a Roman Dolphin brooch ga

Out today with the new spade got to say it's very good. Dug some junk but did get a 1697 William 3rd sixpence was chuffed with that. Cheers Arry

No Mack I'm going to taste both. Cheers Arry

Posted Images

7 hours ago, mackem said:

There’s a drama series on Channel 5 this year called Finders Keepers about two detectorists who find a valuable Anglo Saxon hoard and don’t report it.

I am looking into upgrading my old sovereign.

NEWS.SKY.COM

There were 1,378 treasure finds in England, Wales and Northern Ireland in 2022, according to provisional figures...

9EA14C50-76F5-4DC8-9652-5D7CD24DD0A5.jpeg

610AB7D7-DFB1-44B6-B7C8-B6E93C783F94.jpeg

What are you thinking about upgrading to Mack ? Sovs where top detectors in there day just had a slow recovery speed 

Xp seem to do decent detectors , mates got one and seems to do well with it 

Im still using an explorer se which is ok but heavy , might see about upgrading to an equinox in the future 

19 minutes ago, steve66 said:

What are you thinking about upgrading to Mack ? Sovs where top detectors in there day just had a slow recovery speed 

Xp seem to do decent detectors , mates got one and seems to do well with it 

Im still using an explorer se which is ok but heavy , might see about upgrading to an equinox in the future 

I will probably get another Minelab mate, I like them, when I got my Sov it was all singing all dancing, time makes most things obsolete including us.Lots of history local Hampton Court Palace and Windsor Castle are on the doorstep but if you don't swing your coil over something it might as well be in the dark side of the moon. CA848C10-5043-4D56-A9AC-16C122145ADD.jpeg.ae8f9998d12cdcead166e1498e3bbdcb.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, mackem said:

I will probably get another Minelab mate, I like them, when I got my Sov it was all singing all dancing, time makes most things obsolete including us.Lots of history local Hampton Court Palace and Windsor Castle are on the doorstep but if you don't swing your coil over something it might as well be in the dark side of the moon. CA848C10-5043-4D56-A9AC-16C122145ADD.jpeg.ae8f9998d12cdcead166e1498e3bbdcb.jpeg

I got the equinox mate good machine when you get used to it 

• Like 2

Bunch of coins found wrapped in a hanky. You could still make out the red check in the hanky .

Late 1700's early 1800's I think 

post-31956-0-99299500-1438191500.jpg

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Bunch of coins found wrapped in a hanky. You could still make out the red check in the hanky .

Was that in your pocket?

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

What date range was the coins ?

2 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

are they penny cartwheels ?

1 hour ago, steve66 said:

What date range was the coins ?

Can't remember....the copper coins just corroded away once air got to them. I've still got the silver one, I'll dig it out and have a look 

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

are they penny cartwheels ?

No, cartwheels are a bit bigger and heavier, and where all made in 1779. I think it's the same monarch so my coins would be similar date