BURROUGH MARKET.

We had a long week end  in London last week  and very nice it was ! we started at a Pie & Mash  shop  and what a load of Crap that was ! a tasteless Meat Pie  covered in Snot  with a lump of  cold mashed taters , this was followed by a good portion of Jellied  Eels which were the best i have ever had, then on to Burrough Market which was superb and i would recommend it to anyone, my Mrs bought some  good Cheeses  and some very spicey  Pickles / chutneys  then on to a Meat & Fish  stall  that was very  pricy but the gear looked a treat  Tame Rabbits were £21  each   Wood Pidgeon £9 for a packet of two   ,Squabs £14. 50 each [ i have never saw these for sale  before ] Mallards £8  then me and the Mrs had a dozen oysters each at £3 a pop and again these were the biggest and best i have ever had , then a trip on the Thames then offto Soho for a meal, What a fabulous place.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, micky said:

We had a long week end  in London last week  and very nice it was ! we started at a Pie & Mash  shop  and what a load of Crap that was ! a tasteless Meat Pie  covered in Snot  with a lump of  cold mashed taters , this was followed by a good portion of Jellied  Eels which were the best i have ever had, then on to Burrough Market which was superb and i would recommend it to anyone, my Mrs bought some  good Cheeses  and some very spicey  Pickles / chutneys  then on to a Meat & Fish  stall  that was very  pricy but the gear looked a treat  Tame Rabbits were £21  each   Wood Pidgeon £9 for a packet of two   ,Squabs £14. 50 each [ i have never saw these for sale  before ] Mallards £8  then me and the Mrs had a dozen oysters each at £3 a pop and again these were the biggest and best i have ever had , then a trip on the Thames then offto Soho for a meal, What a fabulous place.

Living the dream mickey, where did you eat in soho? 

Anyone recommend anything to go & see anywhere near to Newham/Docklands, taking the kids to the Jurassic thing theyve got there?

Dont know that side of town at all. (Daytime).

Edited by Waz
1 hour ago, Waz said:

Anyone recommend anything to go & see anywhere near to Newham/Docklands, taking the kids to the Jurassic thing theyve got there?

Dont know that side of town at all. (Daytime).

Docklands Arena ? ……nip across the river to Greenwhich ;) 

Not been to Borough market for years, sounds all a bit trendy bendy now….used to be a tidy old school cafe round the back where I used to pop in and have breakfast now and again, cooked liver just how I like it.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, downsouth said:

Should have got yourself down to Brick Lane for a Salt Beef Bagel.If you like Oysters and you're ever in the SE you need to get yourself down to Whitstable harbour.

Yup , I had about 20 oysters down whistable once, then while asleep suddenly bolt upright ,thinking for a split second what the fuks going on ???? …. Then fukin charge. Jesus I was Bad, on bog whilst puking in biddae next to it

• 2 months later...

Keep meaning to lift some self seeded oaks and impregnate them with truffle. Im only just outside of Perigord Vert, hotspot where they have the truffle buyers/markets, terrain/climate the same at mine.

Anyways, looking like ill be stuck in town at some point between Chrimbo & New Year, if so i'll have a butchers round them markets.

Edited by Waz
  • Like 1