A.P.B.T....

I always found them super smart,easily trained for obedience,.....jigsaw lived indoors permanently,never soiled the house,never touched yer dinner if you left the room,..same with the rest ,but when they got fired up you might as well have been singing opera the notice they took of ye.....their learning prowess is non ending,great dogs to have ....alone 

• Like 6

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice read that was i couldnt " like " it for some reason....i think the pit bulls were addictive a lot of young lads of our generation had a healthy respect for their physical prowess and that was goo

Most pics of dogs that went through my hands mate ended up with the dead chap spoken about on this topic !....and it wouldnt be right to show other peoples dogs but this is a dog im fairly close to on

My APBT Max.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

I always found them super smart,easily trained for obedience,.....jigsaw lived indoors permanently,never soiled the house,never touched yer dinner if you left the room,..same with the rest ,but when they got fired up you might as well have been singing opera the notice they took of ye.....their learning prowess is non ending,great dogs to have ....alone 

My wife’s little dog had been treated like a baby before we met so when it started copping the occasional kick up the arse from me it got the right hump.

If I told it off, it would skulk off and go and piss on my pillow in the bedroom, never hers, just mine !…..I used to have to buy a new pillow every other week.

I don’t believe for one minute that was an accident, it was just too precise and deliberate.

• Haha 3
40 minutes ago, WILF said:

I have never owned any bull type breed other than a lurcher and a little staff my Mrs owned when we first lived together but I have to say, I’m really enjoying reading all you lads….top class gentlemen, top class ?

Heres one I’ll ask you, did you find them to be intelligent dogs ?…..that little staff my wife owned was a doddle to train having been allowed to do whatever it wanted up-to the point we moved in together, picked up anything quick as you like. 

Ive always found any Ive had really eager to please their owner.My old bandog I have now is exactly the same.As long as she understand what I want from her she will do it.And Ive never had to physically reprimand her,Just a Stern word or a look is enough to upset and trying her hardest to please me for the rest of the day.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, downsouth said:

Id say its no coincidence that 2 of the top coursing men of the late 90s early 2000s were ex bulldog lads

Thanks for that pal , that’s kinda what I was getting at with the sort of performance backed keep being used against a differently used canine 

4 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Thanks for that pal , that’s kinda what I was getting at with the sort of performance backed keep being used against a differently used canine 

Although the type of keep would probably be different Id say that the type of man who can condition one breed for top level competion could more than likely turn his hand to conditioning another breed for a different sport.Also hes likely to be the type of manWhos willing to put the money,time and effort into turning his dogs out in top nick.

• Like 5
15 minutes ago, WILF said:

My wife’s little dog had been treated like a baby before we met so when it started copping the occasional kick up the arse from me it got the right hump.

If I told it off, it would skulk off and go and piss on my pillow in the bedroom, never hers, just mine !…..I used to have to buy a new pillow every other week.

I don’t believe for one minute that was an accident, it was just too precise and deliberate.

I have relatively little experience of Staffords but from what ive seen they have too much of that wide eyed scatty bounce off the walls madness to them to really be " intelligent ".......a bit of over eagerness to please kind of thing and too much reliance on human interaction compared to pit bulls who i always felt had more of that " im a survivor i can make it on my own without you " mentality......pit bulls were much more intense and focused than Staffords who in my limited experience are easily distracted.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Although the type of keep would probably be different Id say that the type of man who can condition one breed for top level competion could more than likely turn his hand to conditioning another breed for a different sport.Also hes likely to be the type of manWhos willing to put the money,time and effort into turning his dogs out in top nick.

Yeah that’s what I was trying to communicate 

9 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

And on the subject of bulldogs i was informed about the passing of Mr.Butcher a few weeks ago which brought a smile to my face.....such is life eh....or death in his case.

I wonder if him and Oddbod will meet up wherever the both are so Oddbod can finish off what he started in the interview room

3 minutes ago, downsouth said:

I wonder if him and Oddbod will meet up wherever the both are so Oddbod can finish off what he started in the interview room

And if he doesnt his wife certainly will ?....John wasnt the most pleasant individual but in fairness he was game to the bone and had great understanding of these dogs....a little bit too ruthless on under achieving dogs for my liking but a hell of a dogman.....in fairness to Butcher though he took it on the chin like a man ( or nose in his case ) and laughed if off apparently i dont think he pressed charges.

2 hours ago, downsouth said:

Another thing the same bulldog men brought to the coursing dogs.Selective breeding and line breeding

that is funny ? 

with there merlin and eve bred dogs ? from 20 year before ? 

Edited by mC HULL
10 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

that is funny ? 

with there merlin and eve bred dogs ? from 20 year before ? 

But who was line breeding them 20 years before the likes of CN?There may have been lads producing the odd dog but was there anyone breeding with as much consistency?

• Like 2
Just now, downsouth said:

But who was line breeding them 20 years before the likes of CN?There may have been lads producing the odd dog but was there anyone breeding with as much consistency?

? ? you can’t be serious mate you really can’t 

loads a men were linebreeding from the similar blood it’s why there is so many lines from the same family of dogs from decades before cn  had a runner 

russ rowley showed cn what blood you needed didn’t he ? 

your missing 30 years of matching coursing and linebreeding mate