Bit of History...something different

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess it’s each to their own mate. Most people would make the same indictment of hunting with dogs, period !  Anyone here who does or has at some time hunted with dogs would be regarded as ut

I remember being taken to Blackpool zoo when I was a kid about 60 years ago. There was a full grown male gorilla in a cage with steel bars measuring about 12× 8 . It lay on a raised concrete bed with

Honestly they gather in packs and mooch about in refuse piles etc .  I was disposing of my waste from the expedition post descent and it emerged  down the pile , screaming and chittering.  L

Posted Images

What type of monkey? Based on the name, perhaps a macaque?

Interestingly the macaques of Gib' are the only monkey species to inhabit Europe iirc.

I wonder what a baboon would go like? I quite fancy hunting them in southern Africa...

Chimps on the other hand would bring an altogether different level of brutality!

1 minute ago, Born Hunter said:

What type of monkey? Based on the name, perhaps a macaque?

Interestingly the macaques of Gib' are the only monkey species to inhabit Europe iirc.

I wonder what a baboon would go like? I quite fancy hunting them in southern Africa...

Chimps on the other hand would bring an altogether different level of brutality!

I got charged by a baboon at the foot of mount Kenya , I hoyed it in the sea 

• Haha 5
3 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I find that quite stomach churning to be quite honest . 

Some things  should be consigned to the history books and quite so 

Goes without saying I'd expect.

Everything about apes/monkeys is a bit unnerving to me. They're far to humanlike. Watching natives hunt them feels different to ungulates etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I got charged by a baboon at the foot of mount Kenya , I hoyed it in the sea 

They reckon that they're one of the hardest hunts. Incredibly aware and smart, with lookouts. But also an agricultural pest. A bit of a fad for long range shooting them which isn't my cup of tea.

Tbh I just fancy the skull of one on the mantlepiece by a tribal rattle stick thing that I can call Rafiki!

Edited by Born Hunter
6 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

They reckon that they're one of the hardest hunts. Incredibly aware and smart, with lookouts. But also an agricultural pest. A bit of a fad for long range shooting them which isn't my cup of tea.

Tbh I just fancy the skull of one on the mantlepiece by a tribal rattle stick thing that I can call Rafiki!

Honestly they gather in packs and mooch about in refuse piles etc . 

I was disposing of my waste from the expedition post descent and it emerged  down the pile , screaming and chittering. 

Luckily there are only two things that hunt baboons  , leopards and airborne jncos , both posses the skill , agility and natural ability to become the apex predator in a jungle environment.

I just stared it straight in the eye “not today brother “ i muttered “I shall allow you to live “ 

he looked at me , nodded “farewell chewi, I wish you well” 

he knew 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
6 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Honestly they gather in packs and mooch about in refuse piles etc . 

I was disposing of my waste from the expedition post descent and it emerged  down the pile , screaming and chittering. 

Luckily there are only two things that hunt baboons  , leopards and airborne jncos , both posses the skill , agility and natural ability to become the apex predator in a jungle environment.

I just stared it straight in the eye “not today brother “ i muttered “I shall allow you to live “ 

he looked at me , nodded “farewell chewi, I wish you well” 

he knew 

Is that before or after you were held hostage in your D10 by that mamba ? 

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I find that quite stomach churning to be quite honest . 

Some things  should be consigned to the history books and quite so 

C566E51A-9181-4CC7-A4DB-A81F2D99D83C.jpeg.eaa2f9066304116797fefa9c89fa4042.jpeg

some have merit ! Lol ?