damn bull x !!

Guest manda

was out the other day with my ferret, my whippetxbull and my mates bull grey, i have had the ferrets since babies but decided to take the hob out see what he was like, tried a few holes at the bottom of the field, nothing came out so took him up the top to all the big sets, put him down he was doing really well working hard, he then bolted a bunny but into a bit bush so slipped my mates dog, rabbit seen the dog and ran back into the bush where the ferret was next thing we see is the bull grey running out with the ferret in his mouth fighting like f**k but for all the shouting and trying to get him off it was over in a matter of seconds :no:

the dog is supposed to be excellent with ferrets but with not having anything to do with them for a couple of month and not had anything for a while we can only put it down to frustration but also once them bull x's see red thats it no going back.... i have since bought another hob to keep my jill company he is 10m old and seems to work fine and my bitch is excellent with him will post some pics asap

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

manda a bullx lurcher are bred has killing machines you cant really fault the dog there not pets?once they see red :hmm: whats all that about a game terrier could easily do the same?if you get what im saying :thumbs:

oh yes definatly, sorry didnt mean it to sound like its only bull x's that would do it i know a few terriers that would love to eat my ferrets :yes:

manda a bullx lurcher are bred has killing machines you cant really fault the dog there not pets?once they see red :hmm: whats all that about a game terrier could easily do the same?if you get what im saying :thumbs:

Total and utter pish.

:icon_eek: im not saying bullx are no good for rabbiting far from that!all im saying is there, there for a reason rabbiting whatever,i was just stateing that it could have been easily done by a over enthusiastic terrier!not just because its a bullx :thumbs: if he only grabbed it by mistake and the ferret bit him,he was just doing is job :thumbs:

oh yes definatly, sorry didnt mean it to sound like its only bull x's that would do it i know a few terriers that would love to eat my ferrets :yes:

thats just bad training so every time a bull cross see red its all right for it to kill. ie. ferrets or even sheep for instance. i think the only falt there is the owners.
Well if a dogs broken to ferrets then it shouldnt be a problem i wouldnt think :)

I think we should underline the word broken, for a dog that only goes ferreting once in a while (especially a terrier cross), it is a good possibility that a hyped dog may kill a ferret especially if they deal with getting bitten on a regular basis yc

sorry to hear about you ferret

Edited by leegreen

was out the other day with my ferret, my whippetxbull and my mates bull grey, i have had the ferrets since babies but decided to take the hob out see what he was like, tried a few holes at the bottom of the field, nothing came out so took him up the top to all the big sets, put him down he was doing really well working hard, he then bolted a bunny but into a bit bush so slipped my mates dog, rabbit seen the dog and ran back into the bush where the ferret was next thing we see is the bull grey running out with the ferret in his mouth fighting like f**k but for all the shouting and trying to get him off it was over in a matter of seconds :no:

the dog is supposed to be excellent with ferrets but with not having anything to do with them for a couple of month and not had anything for a while we can only put it down to frustration but also once them bull x's see red thats it no going back.... i have since bought another hob to keep my jill company he is 10m old and seems to work fine and my bitch is excellent with him will post some pics asap

[/quot

Sorry to hear your bad news. the lesson to be learned is NEVER take your ferrets out with untrained dogs deadly combination :cry: :cry:

thats just bad training so every time a bull cross see red its all right for it to kill. ie. ferrets or even sheep for instance. i think the only falt there is the owners.

:icon_eek: SEE RED WHAT A stupid WORD :icon_eek:

That is a shame mate.I have in the past and will do no doubt in the future well upset some folks by not letting anyone but me take dogs out with my ferrets,i dont care how much they bleat on about how good their dogs are with ferrets.All i know is my dogs are trustable and my ferrets are safe,would ruin a day having a dead ferret and a dog to keep it company in it's hole in the ground.