SG Countersignatures

Hi all,

Just a quickie, im going through the motions of applying for a sg cert, ive had the application form sent out to me but im struggling to find a countersignator that fits the bill. Would a union reprisentative be a suitable candidate? Mine has signed my Passport, Driving License and SIA Security License (all as proof of identity) through the years and no problem has arisen. Trouble is i dont really know many people that are high up in the public community and the examples on the form a somewhat vague.

Thanks in advance for any info you can offer.

Chris

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Probably would, mate. Yeah. They look more for a responsable and respectable sort of person who really knows ye than a " Doctor, Solicitor " what ever who maybe handled the selling of ye house or treated ye for Chicken Pox as a chavvie.

My mate signed my last one. He was a Computer Programmer, of all things! :icon_eek:

CHRISSY

DO YOU KNOW ANYONE WITH AN F.A.C WHO YOU HAVE KNOWN FOR AT LEAST 2YRS THEY COULD VOUCH FOR YOU.ANY ONE WHO IS A CIVIL SERVANT-A NURSE A DENTIST THE OWNER OF YOUR LOCAL CLAY SHOOT.ANYONE WHO HAS SHOOTING RIGHTS ON LAND YOU BEAT ON OR PIGEON SHOOT ON.THE LIST OF PEOPLE WHO CAN VOUCH FOR YOU IS EXTENSIVE BUT THE LOCAL FIREARMS BODS WONT TELL YOU THIS! ASK THEM WHAT IS ACCEPTABLE FOR YOUR FIRST TICKET THEY WILL BE STRICT BUT AS YOU RACK UP A FEW YEARS THEY WILL ALLOW A WIDER RANGE OF COUNTERSIGNATORIES.

DONT BE PUT OFF BY ALL THE RED TAPE THE MORE FOLK WHO HAVE S.G.CERTS AND F.AC,s THE BETTER IT IS FOR US ALL.

GOOD LUCK.

garyw

Thanks for the advice guys! Im back at work Thurs so will get him to bung his squiggle on the back for me then i can send it off as soon as! Cabinets' ordered and en-route. Just keep my fingers crossed that Plod says yes :D

Any pointers on a first gun? I've been using a Berreta at the club for last few weeks and gettin on really well, but theres not a chance i can afford one of those. Was looking at few Baikels they seem more in my price range, any body used/ own one if so what are they like? I'll be mostly shooting clays with the odd days decoying when i get some more permissions under my belt.

Thanks again people,

Chris.