Negatives of dog kennels like this

I like em, but as been said, the ones with box sleepers.

Yours are a nice size too, I'm on a couple of game dog pages on FB and some of the ones of a similar style to yours are like rabbit hutches, real poor, in both size and construction, some even belonging to 'legends' of the breed.

To be honest, some of the kennel set-up's I've seen game dogs in are damn right shocking, I'd be shamed to show them and i really feel for the dogs. Though I'm sure plenty are the same over here, but folk keep em under wraps..!

Your kennels are real smart Wolfdog, but I think that style kennel lends itself more to the open space you have there... ?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Used plastic  barrels for yrs,decent size opening and a floor on timber runners inside,few drainage holes and the dogs are warm and dry,in the summer when it's hot they sit on top if you make a little

Semi common design down here for alot of peoples hunting dogs and the like. Looking at expanding my welding deal and considering making these. Not that worst thing to weld up and they sell for $950-$2

Each to there own realy but the ones with the plastic square mesh ones look sound , and if I lived in a country with poisonous snakes etc I’d like mine of the floor too , them plastic square ones are

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, mackem said:

This just came up on my ad-feed, on wheels to push around a yard. 

Screenshot_20220407_122144.jpg

Screenshot_20220407_122201.jpg

Looks like a plastic flooring, that'd make them spot on for hygiene.

Propper yard to move em round in too ?

My next dog going out side and I did ponder on one of these.

Kennel (£350+VAT per unit)

£350 plus vat but the default size is too small though I think he will make what ever size you need.

Mine dog would only be shut in at night really and have the run of the yard during the day

image-asset.jpeg?format=1000w

The above image is a combination of 8x kennels and 2x kennel stands.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, terryd said:

My next dog going out side and I did ponder on one of these.

Kennel (£350+VAT per unit)

£350 plus vat but the default size is too small though I think he will make what ever size you need.

Mine dog would only be shut in at night really and have the run of the yard during the day

image-asset.jpeg?format=1000w

The above image is a combination of 8x kennels and 2x kennel stands.

Had bigger ferret hutches Terry...

So good to see an improvement in the kennelling, of working canines?

I suppose years ago, we just didn't know any better, and poor old jukels,... stayed where they were put..?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 5
11 hours ago, OldPhil said:

I suppose years ago, we just didn't know any better, and poor old jukels,... stayed where they were put..?

scan0107.jpg

img113.tif.jpg

img111.tif.jpg

I had one a bit like that top one once which a 'friend' made for me. He told me it was just made from off-cuts at work but, about a week after bringing it round, he came back and asked for a load of money for it. Needless to say I didn't pay.

The thing was, it was huge. If I had it now I could rent it out as an airbnb! I gave it away as my lurcher didn't like it...he kept pulling the blanket out and sleeping on the roof instead.

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, OldPhil said:

scan0107.jpg

img113.tif.jpg

img111.tif.jpg

In all fairness id rather see a dog on a good chain & axle set up than those hideous little rabbit hutches all day long but each to their own.

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Had bigger ferret hutches Terry...

Yes your right when I got my tape out to check the size as you say my ferret hutch is twice the size lol. But I like design and he can make to spec. But I have a concrete yard so more than likely go for some thing like this which looks more homely if nothing else

No photo description available.

• Like 1

Each to there own realy but the ones with the plastic square mesh ones look sound , and if I lived in a country with poisonous snakes etc I’d like mine of the floor too , them plastic square ones are probably better than solid concrete floor as the piss would drain strait through , fair enough the shit wouldn’t but it doesn’t on solid concrete either , seen some the rabbit hunting fours in us for little beagles and terriers some look mint , some look like rabbit hutch’s with slats so the shit falls through but they not my cup of tea , as pup or adult dog could snap a leg pretty quick , 

@Bosun11 Was watching couple yard tours the other day and some of them bull dog legends keep dogs in worse housing conditions than I’d keep my worst enemy , hutches sizes ferret hutch , no bedding material , mesh floors so feet spread open like duck feet, metal barrel full front open no bedding etc etc , I understand some yards keep a lot of dogs but if they can’t house them then they shouldn’t 

• Like 5