Another fatality by a house pet

Just now, WILF said:

I have no experience of them at all so I figured don’t get involved with something that’s a possible different story to anything else I have ever owned…..pride comes before a fall as they say.

I honestly think that is the only way to go mate. ??

Too many were/are bowed over by these 'big, tough' doggys and strive to own one, with little or no experience....

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is what happens when you breed for colour,shape or size...what sort of cnut breeds,owns then passes on such a f***ing liability? Should start charging the parents with neglect charges etc..send t

Terrible better of with a whippet 

Well the little whippet slept all night last night not a noise!  been screeching at night last 2 nights barely slept she ain’t messed in the house once which is good being that she was born and reared

Posted Images

Just now, Bosun11 said:

Too many were/are bowed over by these 'big, tough' doggys and strive to own one, with little or no experience....

Exactly mate, I wouldn’t own a spaniel either…..you have to know what types of dogs you get on with in my very humble opinion mate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, downsouth said:

Scaredy cat

Realistic mate, I won’t be puffing my chest out when a bully with no outlet is taking my 8 year olds face off.

I have between 2 and 4 kids kicking around for the last 20 years, why would I put a dog like that in their vicinity ?……it’s a no brainer to me pal ?

• Like 7
13 minutes ago, WILF said:

I used to keep German/ Dutch Doberman’s and I have had EBTs and even a poxy staff (my wife’s when I met her ) over my lifetime, none of them ever bothered me and that’s even after my big dog Doberman went for a neck hold on me.

Luckily I managed to lift my arm and jam that in his mouth so he bit that instead of my neck, never a bother.

But a proper formula 1 pit dog is imho (and uneducated opinion) not something to be trifled with and if it don’t have an outlet for it’s nature then something is going to go wrong, and if it gos wrong it going very wrong indeed.

Jmho 

they can be bad but i’d rather have to try dealing with one rather then one that’s mastiff in it aswell with the bull terrier mentality bigger stronger allround it’s a scary thought 

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

they can be bad but i’d rather have to try dealing with one rather then one that’s mastiff in it aswell with the bull terrier mentality bigger stronger allround it’s a scary thought 

Different times for me mate, I was only a young man, no kids etc etc 

My big dog was man work trained so he had no problem setting about a human being.

But it wasn’t a problem because I only had me to consider 

2 minutes ago, WILF said:

Exactly mate, I wouldn’t own a spaniel either…..you have to know what types of dogs you get on with in my very humble opinion mate.

And that is admirable mate.

Thing is, there are 'manny' dogs in just about every breed, especially in working dogs but NONE can match the devastation of a bull blood, no matter if its a pure bred working APBT or a scatterbred XL American Bully... And it's that that makes all the difference.

Once upon a time we knew what lines of APBT carried those 'manny' traits and, as they were just working dogs, it sorta didn't matter... Fast forward to now, and those lines can be within any 'pet bull' you or I could buy as a 'family dog'....

Hey, and let's not forget adding shite ownership in that mix... For that, as much as anything else, is the problem...

1 minute ago, Bosun11 said:

And that is admirable mate.

Thing is, there are 'manny' dogs in just about every breed, especially in working dogs but NONE can match the devastation of a bull blood, no matter if its a pure bred working APBT or a scatterbred XL American Bully... And it's that that makes all the difference.

Once upon a time we knew what lines of APBT carried those 'manny' traits and, as they were just working dogs, it sorta didn't matter... Fast forward to now, and those lines can be within any 'pet bull' you or I could buy as a 'family dog'....

Hey, and let's not forget adding shite ownership in that mix... For that, as much as anything else, is the problem...

I think you hit the nail on the head with that word “devastation”……that’s it in a nut shell.

Its the difference between your kid getting a bite on the hand or it’s arm pulled off.

jmho mate 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, WILF said:

Realistic mate, I won’t be puffing my chest out when a bully with no outlet is taking my 8 year olds face off.

I have between 2 and 4 kids kicking around for the last 20 years, why would I put a dog like that in their vicinity ?……it’s a no brainer to me pal ?

You know I was joking pal

• Like 1
11 hours ago, WILF said:

I used to keep German/ Dutch Doberman’s and I have had EBTs and even a poxy staff (my wife’s when I met her ) over my lifetime, none of them ever bothered me and that’s even after my big dog Doberman went for a neck hold on me.

Luckily I managed to lift my arm and jam that in his mouth so he bit that instead of my neck, never a bother.

But a proper formula 1 pit dog is imho (and uneducated opinion) not something to be trifled with and if it don’t have an outlet for it’s nature then something is going to go wrong, and if it gos wrong it going very wrong indeed.

Jmho 

Pedestrian Has Arms Amputated After Attack From 3 Dogs; Owner Charged: Reports – Crime Online

13 hours ago, WILF said:

I wouldn’t have the outlet for a dog like that mate, and a dog with not outlet is an accident waiting to happen imho ?

I meant in regards to your " beyond my capabilities " comment......yes you could handle a pit bull,but absolutely....doesnt mean you should :thumbs:

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Ive always compared it to an idiotic immature 17 year old going out buying a Ferrari,in theory he can,but finances/insurance etc make it difficult to do..... but he can buy an equally dangerous dog with no such difficulties.

• Like 4
13 hours ago, mC HULL said:

how do you break if they trying to set about you constantly

A manny dog kept specifically for sport you are not going to try to break to anything its just a daily grind of managing to avoid situations....a dog i mentioned earlier i had for 3 months without incident yet he wanted to tear my limbs off daily.....after a hard session i could rub him down from nose to tail as he was too exhausted to care but guarantee that same dog next morning fully refreshed would be looking to drag me away and eat me and so the whole process starts again.....to feed a true man biter you must have a serious love for the breed in my opinion.

• Like 5
12 hours ago, WILF said:

I tried a spaniel ..never again!

No need or desire for a pit type dog, I really like the EBTs and Staffies that I have been around over the years, but again no desire to own one of them either...

I've absolutely no idea why anyone would want a large and potentially aggressive breed as a house pet, well I do know why and as often proven the result is a disaster!

Properly bred dogs of this type will need stimulation beyond a quick walk around the block... its madness that people shove them in a house with kids and the manic type environment that brings .... terrible for the child and dog

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, WILF said:

Bang on mate....

• Like 1