Some headstone

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im no marble sculptor mate ive no idea if its good,bad or indifferent but as someone mentioned earlier to have it in a public cemetery feet away from where others might want to sit in quiet reflection

Council's can sometimes be a bit on the officious side ,a bit small minded ,BUT there is a difference between insisting wind chimes are removed or getting letters warning about too many teddy bears on

It annoys me when councils decide what's tasteful or not in cemeteries. Its a matter of personal choice. f**k all to do with petty officials. One man's tackiness is another man's good taste.  Not

Posted Images

That news story is on one of the worse cookie pop up things I've seen. Yeah seen the headstone , what religion are Irish Gypsy? Anyway yep you wouldnt want to pop and visit your mother's grave with that ffwckin monstrosity overshadowing the whole cemetery.....

Yep they do like all that , France was a bit of a surprise with their cemeteries , most had a small greenhouse attached to grave or mausoleum.... But if you're going to remember the dead through architecture or icons, best it's done in such places if the need is there, personally I remember them with stories and memories but we're all different. 

On 28/03/2022 at 18:23, Nicepix said:

I had the misfortune to work at an Austin Rover dealership in those days. We never sold a  new Maxi, Allegro,  Montego, Ambassadeur, Princess or Maestro. The only things we could shift were Metros, Minis, Rover SDIs and Triumph Acclaims. I once sold an Ital and the sales manager paid for a meal for my wife and myself. Every month or so the guy from the Honda dealers used to pop in for a chat and made a big deal of wiping up the oil that had leaked onto the showroom floor from brand new Austin Rover cars.

served my time as a mechanic on most of these cars

• 2 months later...
On 19/03/2022 at 20:38, mackem said:

Beautiful stone in my local cemetery in surrey with lurchers carved on it, and two carved running dogs on either side of the main stone, travelling family ?

Walked through the cem a few days ago. 

IMG_20220914_103850.jpg

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

That's acceptable on a grave is it a well known family 

That ran dogs

It is a well known family mate, the lad also has two carved running dogs, one on each side of his stone. 

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, mackem said:

Council are cowards, everyone with someone in a grave there should put up something illegal council would have no grounds to remove anything

• Like 2
3 hours ago, mackem said:

For people who claim that everyone and everything is against them they get away with a lot of stuff

• Like 1