Some headstone

2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Im no marble sculptor mate ive no idea if its good,bad or indifferent but as someone mentioned earlier to have it in a public cemetery feet away from where others might want to sit in quiet reflection......nah not for me that....on a private traveller site or whatever yeah fill your boots but imagine having Stormzy music and a load of hand carved African sculptures alongside your nearest and dearest.

Anyway.....if im still kicking around when you snuff it mate i,ll be personally shoving you next to the Lawrence family plot alongside some nice marble sculptured Nigerian traffic wardens ?

• Haha 1

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im no marble sculptor mate ive no idea if its good,bad or indifferent but as someone mentioned earlier to have it in a public cemetery feet away from where others might want to sit in quiet reflection

Council's can sometimes be a bit on the officious side ,a bit small minded ,BUT there is a difference between insisting wind chimes are removed or getting letters warning about too many teddy bears on

It annoys me when councils decide what's tasteful or not in cemeteries. Its a matter of personal choice. f**k all to do with petty officials. One man's tackiness is another man's good taste.  Not

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, mushroom said:

I like that about Wilf.....he gives consistent reminders of specific groups to hate and despise when its easy to just hate and despise everyone equally.....good quality in a man that ?

Edited by gnasher16
  • Haha 3
7 hours ago, Qbgrey said:

Yup wilf horsmondon still has a annual horse fair but it’s mainly kids brought up in a decent house with slick back hair giving the gypo chat. And yes your are right about the insta home. Hubby goes to gym, sleeve tattoos, anthracite everything, bi folds,cladding, windows, resin drive, hot tub . Carpets , sofa ,all silver grey.very good friends with the mortgage adviser??

Oi what's wrong with that lol ? I've got anthracite windows grey upvc decking grey carpets and an Audi. But no big bills here, graft hard and work for myself . Still got a smelly lurcher tho that pisses on the astroturf lol 

3 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

Oi what's wrong with that lol ? I've got anthracite windows grey upvc decking grey carpets and an Audi. But no big bills here, graft hard and work for myself . Still got a smelly lurcher tho that pisses on the astroturf lol 

??that’s fine mate roll with the lemmings my man

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

I've got tinted windows on my van, does that count?

Cheers, D.

37 tonne headstone for ‘Traveller king’ with LED lights and jukebox faces removal

Liam De Brun
By
 Liam De Brun
 -
22/03/2022

A giant headstone, with a solar powered jukebox, for the ‘Traveller King’ faces removal after it was built without council permission.

The 37-tonne headstone, built in honour of ‘Big Willy Collins’, is the biggest to ever be erected in the UK.

Costing a staggering €240,000 and crafted from solid marble, it features a solar-powered jukebox and two life-sized statues of Willy.

The 6 foot 2 bare-knuckle boxer died of a heart attack in July 2020 while on holiday in Majorca at the age of 49. Born in Ireland, the Traveller moved to Sheffield in 1980.

Big-Willy-Collins-6.jpg A headstone, with a solar powered jukebox, for the ‘Traveller King’ faces removal after it was built without council permission.Pic: Scott Merrylees/SWNS

The headstone, which is adorned with Irish flags, was unveiled at a ceremony on Thursday. Willy left behind nine children and around 400 nieces and nephews.

However, the tribute to the Traveller could soon be torn down by council bosses, who claim it was built without approval.

Cllr Alison Teal, Executive Member for Sustainable Neighbourhoods, Wellbeing, Parks and Leisure at Sheffield Council, said the ‘memorial was built without permission’ and they are currently considering their ‘next steps’.

Big-Willy-Collins-7.jpg The grave headstone features a solar-powered jukebox. Pic: Scott Merrylees/SWNS

Erected at Shiregreen Cemetery in Sheffield, is under 24-hour CCTV monitoring which his large family have access to and features LED lights that can change colour at any moment.

Cllr Teal added: ‘It also has depictions of Jesus and biblical scenes, as well as a solar-powered jukebox playing the late father-of-nine’s favourite tracks.

‘All plans for grave memorials should be submitted to the council and must receive approval from Bereavement Services before they are erected. We understand memorials are deeply personal, however we must have rules in place to ensure fairness.’

Big-Willy-Collins-3.jpg The 6″2″ bare-knuckle boxer died of a heart attack in July 2020 while on holiday in Majorca at the age of 49. Pic: Scott Merrylees/SWNS
On 19/03/2022 at 20:57, Elchapo said:

Not doubting some would look nice but that’s just tacky as f**k , same as there funerals etc flying up and down street in a Hurst with the body in back then having trotters flying up and down street, etc it’s just another “ look at us “ 

a headstone with lurchers carved in or a head stone that was a lurcher then yea fair does but that monstrosity just a joke , two big bare ? 

F7sYoC02_400x400.jpg

51 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Tacky as f**k... couldn't even carry his coffin tidy ?

Trying to bounce him back to life ??‍♂️ It’s more the fact he actually got someone to film him to put on social media that is worse. 

• Like 1