Russia Ukraine WW3

26 minutes ago, Pewit said:

Likely so, but this will have been going on from the start mate, it isn't nothing new. But, it flourished at one point and you don't have to go that far back to remember that. 

The culture of the organisation was different then, nothing to do with money 

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In 2022, a crack long distance unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the general talk section of th

I'm going to my bunker, can someone pm me when it's safe to come out. 

True story, I knew a lad lived in a flat who had a bedroom for his horticultural interests, I phoned him when he was at home and said "Mate, make sure your extraction is on point, the bizzies are flyi

Posted Images

1 minute ago, WILF said:

The culture of the organisation was different then, nothing to do with money 

It wasn't different a decade or so ago when waiting times were much lower than today mate.

I can't believe people are actually claiming taxation is a terrible idea. How about a system where we pay no income tax but are taxed to the hilt for certain goods, goods like cigarettes, sweets, etc? At least that way people have a choice, if they want to be a burden on the NHS then go ahead, they can pay for it. 😁

5 hours ago, Pewit said:

I can't believe people are actually claiming taxation is a terrible idea. How about a system where we pay no income tax but are taxed to the hilt for certain goods, goods like cigarettes, sweets, etc? At least that way people have a choice, if they want to be a burden on the NHS then go ahead, they can pay for it. 😁

Mate if you've been contracting on the railway for decades you've been dodging tax for just as long

6 hours ago, Pewit said:

It wasn't different a decade or so ago when waiting times were much lower than today mate.

4 million less people in the country probably had something to do with that!

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Pewit said:

Taxation is a very good idea when used fairly. Now if we stopped using it to fund anti-congestion measures in Kuala Lumpur, flood prevention in Mexico City or the all-female Chinese opera in Shanghai and lets not forget the £8million plus per day on the holiday inn mob we may be seeing things a bit differently in this country.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Bakerboy said:

Mate if you've been contracting on the railway for decades you've been dodging tax for just as long

I've always been on the books mate, no tax dodging from me. 👍

1 hour ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

4 million less people in the country probably had something to do with that!

That shouldn't make a difference if the majority of that extra population are paying in to the system.

• Haha 1
46 minutes ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

Taxation is a very good idea when used fairly. Now if we stopped using it to fund anti-congestion measures in Kuala Lumpur, flood prevention in Mexico City or the all-female Chinese opera in Shanghai and lets not forget the £8million plus per day on the holiday inn mob we may be seeing things a bit differently in this country.

Foreign aid is nothing unique to the UK, in fact percentage wise we are one of the lowest spenders of the major players in Europe.

5 minutes ago, Pewit said:

That shouldn't make a difference if the majority of that extra population are paying in to the system.

Correct, but presently 54.2% of the UK population are on benefits, so they are not and its unsustainable. And whilst the other 45.8% are getting hammered our governments are handing over £353 million to the Taliban in Afghanistan.    

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

Correct, but presently 54.2% of the UK population are on benefits, so they are not and its unsustainable. And whilst the other 45.8% are getting hammered our governments are handing over £353 million to the Taliban in Afghanistan.    

That's isn't a flaw in our taxation system, that's a flaw in our benefits system mate.

2 minutes ago, Pewit said:

Foreign aid is nothing unique to the UK, in fact percentage wise we are one of the lowest spenders of the major players in Europe.

Oh that makes it all ok then. I can sleep easier knowing we are the lowest spenders whilst my hard earned tax goes off Ethiopia to fund a girl band   👍 

Just now, TRUEBRIT66 said:

Oh that makes it all ok then. I can sleep easier knowing we are the lowest spenders whilst my hard earned tax goes off Ethiopia to fund a girl band   👍 

A fair argument, but I think you're being a little naive. Now I'm not ignorant to suggest that no corruption is involved, but if you think the boat crossings are bad now, imagine how much worse they could potentially be if everyone stopped paying foreign aid. I know our government is useless, but I can't see them blindly throwing money away without assurances that it's being used correctly.

7 hours ago, Pewit said:

And the culture was still shite…..

24 minutes ago, Pewit said:

Interesting article on tv last night. Evidently we are in a “population trap”.

That means we don’t have enough houses, hospitals, schools , etc or nurses, doctors, builders etc for the population as it is so we import people to do the jobs meaning we need even more houses, hospitals , school etc for the increasing population and we are in a vicious circle, chasing our tails and can never catch up.

We need to build a new house every two minutes just to cater for the immigrants coming in without making a dent in the backlog shortage.

Sort of a “catch 22”.

Cheers.