Russia Ukraine WW3

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In 2022, a crack long distance unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the general talk section of th

I'm going to my bunker, can someone pm me when it's safe to come out. 

True story, I knew a lad lived in a flat who had a bedroom for his horticultural interests, I phoned him when he was at home and said "Mate, make sure your extraction is on point, the bizzies are flyi

Posted Images

Places like Belarus, Ukraine, Georgia, Chechnya, the Caucasus, have been and probably will be again, under the hegemony of Russia.

Tibet, Mongolia, North Korea are under the hegemony of China 

Europe and the West are under the hegemony of the US.

Its nothing new, it’s all part of what Kipling called “The Great Game”, a global game of chess, going on for hundreds of years. Offence, defence, bluff and counter bluff, proxy wars and world wars.
The borders may change, the leaders may change, but the game  won’t change .

Cheers.

• Like 10
1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

Places like Belarus, Ukraine, Georgia, Chechnya, the Caucasus, have been and probably will be again, under the hegemony of Russia.

Tibet, Mongolia, North Korea are under the hegemony of China 

Europe and the West are under the hegemony of the US.

Its nothing new, it’s all part of what Kipling called “The Great Game”, a global game of chess, going on for hundreds of years. Offence, defence, bluff and counter bluff, proxy wars and world wars.
The borders may change, the leaders may change, but the game  won’t change .

Cheers.

Always such wise words and so eloquently put you are a great wordsmith mate

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

It’s nothing new, it’s all part of what Kipling called “The Great Game”, 

I stayed in the old Russian embassy turned into a hotel in Kashgar,the great game played out in that general region.

19 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

If, when, Trump is elected, the war will quickly come to an end because the republicans won't fund it.

I've believed from day one that Ukraine's resistance is pointless. The Russian bear will devour the country eventually. The arms'  manufacturers have done well out of it. The undertakers too, but the war has only been symbolic. Ukrainian citizens who, in future,  will live under Russian rule will notice very little difference. 

New boss will be same as the old boss.

Putin has never wanted to take Ukraine he simply wants a buffer zone between him and the west as agreed many years ago at the start of the European Union its a bit like us allowing the eu to line missiles up along the edge of Northern Ireland pointing towards the uk 

• Like 2

How many times have I said we will be coming to live event near death nuclear war  stand off  .... shaping up nicely 

mad how the tin foil hats always know in advance ....  baaa baaa 

Just now, mackem said:

I stayed in the old Russian embassy turned into a hotel in Kashgar,the great game played out in that general region.

Afghanistan was the epicentre of “The Great Game”.

It was the bulwark between the British Empire and the nascent Russian Empire that had its eyes on India. That little sliver of land on the east of Afghanistan was made by Britain as a “no man’s land “ between Russia and British India.

Crimea was another place where the British and Russia faced off.

All moves on the great chessboard.

Cheers.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

That little sliver of land on the east of Afghanistan was made by Britain as a “no man’s land “ between Russia and British India.

I spent time in that buffer zone,good times.

• Like 1

South East Asia has had its own “Great Game” from the 50’s to the 70’s the west, mainly France and America fought proxy wars in Korea and Vietnam. 
America fought Russia and China in Korea and it ended in a stalemate, ( a good chess word). 
The French were kicked out of Vietnam so the Americans had a go. China threw many divisions of troops into the war to support Vietnam, and eventually defeated America who beat an unseemly retreat.

An emboldened Vietnam then invaded Cambodia, only for the Chinese to turn on them and invade Vietnam !

As the French would say “Ce la vie” !

Cheers.

• Like 1

Wow we got some actual intelligent conversation goin on and not just mchull ranting like a 12yr with a Twitter account, nice.

Edited by Wolfdog91
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

South East Asia has had its own “Great Game” from the 50’s to the 70’s the west, mainly France and America fought proxy wars in Korea and Vietnam. 
America fought Russia and China in Korea and it ended in a stalemate, ( a good chess word). 
The French were kicked out of Vietnam so the Americans had a go. China threw many divisions of troops into the war to support Vietnam, and eventually defeated America who beat an unseemly retreat.

An emboldened Vietnam then invaded Cambodia, only for the Chinese to turn on them and invade Vietnam !

As the French would say “Ce la vie” !

Cheers.

I remember reading about French indochina while still at school,the entire continent of Asia fascinated me as a small boy.

4 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Wow we got some actual intelligent conversation goin on and not just mchull ranting like a 12yr with a Twitter account, nice.

I consider it all part of his education! LOL !

Cheers.

14 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

i might rant like a 12 year old with a twitter account but you look like a 12 year old with a twitter account lol 

• Haha 5
45 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i might rant like a 12 year old with a twitter account but you look like a 12 year old with a twitter account lol 

Blazing saddles 

• Haha 1

Talking about battles, these are a reminder of one from here when the fires were lit to guide william of orange up belfast lough on his way to carrickfergus castle in the 1690 timeframe, with the size of this you could see it burn from liverpool, this is where the billy boys came from and from here to the USA where our peoples the scots irish or ulster scots are known as hill billys, from billy boys, the early pioneers to the Appalachians and virginia, some of the bravest war hardened men come from ulster and fought for independence to get away from the king who didnt want them and the southern irish whom they didnt identify with. Funny the latter part of this post is happening again

IMG_4994.jpeg