Package holidays

My missus and I have very divided opinions on holidays. She wants sun and beaches and I want to do stuff, ideally hunting but fishing is usually easier to arrange.

Last time I won and we went to nz and had a great time with lots of both. This time it's her turn so it's going to be a beach somewhere.

Anyone got any recommendations of places where she can lie about cooking herself on the beach and I can squeeze in a day of something interesting so I don't die of boredom and sunstroke?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mr Tyla I would recommend  the emerald coast in Florida.Beautiful water and beaches.Great fishing.Bowfishing stingrays.If you make it to this area.I would be glad to ride down and provide a night of s

I am getting a vision ??  

Costa Rica’s a good place sunbathing bores the tits off me but Mrs Flattop loves it ?I’ve stayed in the Guanacaste region which is near the Nicaragua border it’s dryer than elsewhere in Costa Rica, th

Posted Images

Just now, sid g said:

i like greece mate little fishing villages i fish off the harbour daytime , and off the beach evenings ,  beer somewhere lunchtime i cant lay in the sun like i used to . little telesocpic rod and small bag  of bits first thing in my case , 

Thats the kind of thing I'm aiming for. She keeps going on about Egypt, it doesn't really appeal to me much. I'd like the history but reckon it'd be so busy with people it puts me off

Just now, Born Hunter said:

I'd be looking for some nice island in the med or Caribbean, take mask/snorkel/fins and a pole spear!

Sounds f***ing great right now!

Maybe Egypt is an option, I'd not thought of that

1 minute ago, Tyla said:

Maybe Egypt is an option, I'd not thought of that

Since I took up f***ing around like that it's transformed my summers. Going somewhere with warm water, not having to wear a wetsuit would be unreal!

Pack a little day sack with your kit then just walk the coast adventuring.

42 minutes ago, Tyla said:

Anyone got any recommendations of places where she can lie about cooking herself on the beach and I can squeeze in a day of something interesting so I don't die of boredom and sunstroke?

Thailand, she can lie on some superb beaches, shop till she drops, do a cookery course, get a massage every day, manicure, pedicure, the works, all cheaply, you can fish till your arms ache ?

Florida, relaxation central, I love it, she can toast under the sun to her hearts content, you can do far more interesting stuff ?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Tyla said:

My missus and I have very divided opinions on holidays. She wants sun and beaches and I want to do stuff, ideally hunting but fishing is usually easier to arrange.

Last time I won and we went to nz and had a great time with lots of both. This time it's her turn so it's going to be a beach somewhere.

Spain mate, just up the coast from me. So you have the city and the beaches, best of both ;)

Just remember if you choose somewhere like the Balerics there’s a limit of 6 beers a day per person on the all inclusives (new law)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Tyla said:

Mr Tyla I would recommend  the emerald coast in Florida.Beautiful water and beaches.Great fishing.Bowfishing stingrays.If you make it to this area.I would be glad to ride down and provide a night of shark fishing from the beach.Good luck ?

• Like 13

Costa Rica’s a good place sunbathing bores the tits off me but Mrs Flattop loves it ?I’ve stayed in the Guanacaste region which is near the Nicaragua border it’s dryer than elsewhere in Costa Rica, there’s so much to see and do fishing rain forests boat trips in places where tourists don’t venture howler monkeys mountains volcanoes the lot it’s a real adventure place to visit, we normally have a day in where she sunbathes and I wander about and then I normally strike something up with a local and then we go and do things.

I remember one trip it was like we were being kidnapped lol an old battered 4x4 picked us up we went off road to a small cut in a river and met a bloke with a big rubber dingy it was one of the best trips I’ve ever done down a river line fishing using pineapple as bait amongst loads of other stuff it was great all down to a chance meeting on a beach having a chat and a beer with a local.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

Alot of the fishing lads go fuerventura for big rays and sharks with a guide 

Was just going to suggest the canary,s lovely beachs and the sea is alive with fish also some fantastic windsurfing if you fancy some adventure, ??

• Like 1
4 hours ago, mushroom said:

Spain mate, just up the coast from me. So you have the city and the beaches, best of both ;)

Just remember if you choose somewhere like the Balerics there’s a limit of 6 beers a day per person on the all inclusives (new law)

I’ve just book Salau with the family for next Easter

my boy is like Godzilla so expect a wake of turmoil and destruction in his path to feature on the local news , likely targets will include the nou camp and the gaudi , especially as he is adamant he ain’t going on the plane if he can’t take his scooter . 

• Haha 2