Just now, mackem said:

Modern day Spartans they ain't, prima Donna's who kick a football and earn silly money for doing so, idolised by grown men, looked upon as heroes by some, puffed up with self importance, its all a bit silly but that's modern day society ?

I don’t think that’s the case at all mate, I’ll admire anyone who’s good at something…..be that a brick layer, special Olympics athlete or able bodied athlete.

It takes some amount of graft and determination to get to the top of your game in sport, I admire that.

Most of the top sportsmen are horrible b*****ds, Lance Armstrong and Micheal Jordan to name but two, however you have to admire what they did and what it took to do it.

Id say your “Spartans” assessment is wrong, in fact they couldn’t be more like Spartans…..remorseless, horrible fuckers who want to win no matter what.

• Like 1

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You got kids of your own?...when a female,tells you No,it means No,not force it f***ing in them.,get em wet and they change their mind,that's alright?..some of the comments from some of you members ..

If my son spoke to a girl like that he wouldn’t be able to speak for a week. 

I have no interest in footballers, I have no interest in ethnics. I have zero interest in dirty tramps who shack up with ethnic footballers. And I have no interest in their domestic arrangements 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, WILF said:

Id say your “Spartans” assessment is wrong, in fact they couldn’t be more like Spartans…..remorseless, horrible fuckers who want to win no matter what.

We don't have Spartans nor gladiators anymore, we have footballers in an arena, grown men pay their dues and pack coliseums (stadiums) to watch and cheer on their teams, players, tribes, but it's over rated, and because of the hero worship the players get more latitude than Joe public for their "indescretions". 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Lad on this very forum saying he hopes he survives this because he's a talented footballer says a lot about how some feel about these jumped up wankers. 

Football teams are modern day tribal warriors, look at the emotions in a stadium, your average bloke gets a vicarious thrill when "his" team wins, he is pumped up, his team won the day, society needs its entertainment. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, mackem said:

Football teams are modern day tribal warriors, look at the emotions in a stadium, your average bloke gets a vicarious thrill when "his" team wins, he is pumped up, his team won the day, society needs its entertainment. 

I couldn't listen to the mates In bars nearly fighting over some football,it's sad if you ask me

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, mackem said:

4 minutes ago, Francie said:

I couldn't listen to the mates In bars nearly fighting over some football,it's sad if you ask me

Agreed...never got the fascination with the 'IDOLISING ' of other men.... bent as f**k in my book?

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, Qbgrey said:

It’s all the lads at work talk about is football we this , we that , we are playing you sat?  Sounds like they own the fuking club

It's an armchair sport, they are sat watching it on telly paying the players to do the running for them, where does the "we" come into it? ?

O.K., the girl MAY be a gullible, foolish, immature 18 year old , but NOTHING excuses the quite obvious injuries she suffered !

The fact the the bloke is a famous(?) footballer with more money than sense should have no bearing on the fact he's been arrested for rape and assault, and IF he's found guilty, I hope his career and future are destroyed ! 

Harsh ? Not in my mind, as a parent and grandparent.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 14

I can only judge on what I've seen  and from what I've seen upto now it doesn't look good for him and rightly so .

Remember these elite athletes or whatever have been through a ton of PR training so he really has absolutely no excuses, infact it kind of makes it worse imo.

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Agreed...never got the fascination with the 'IDOLISING ' of other men.... bent as f**k in my book?

I dont know if you’d call it idolising, but appreciating something wonderful is perfectly understandable to me…..

Take Zidane, you just take one look at him and you know you wouldn’t want to spend an hour in his company…..he’s got “horrible b*****d” written all over him but give him a football and put him in a game and he will give you moments of beauty and genius that will live in your memory a lifetime.

Like all things, depends what you like I suppose…..you can probably appreciate a Dave Lane or Terry Hearn, not because you think they are nice but because of what they do….you understand it so you appreciate it.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, WILF said:

I dont know if you’d call it idolising, but appreciating something wonderful is perfectly understandable to me…..

Take Zidane, you just take one look at him and you know you wouldn’t want to spend an hour in his company…..he’s got “horrible b*****d” written all over him but give him a football and put him in a game and he will give you moments of beauty and genius that will live in your memory a lifetime.

Like all things, depends what you like I suppose…..you can probably appreciate a Dave Lane or Terry Hearn, not because you think they are nice but because of what they do….you understand it so you appreciate it.

Old terrys a god round here lol 

Just now, WILF said:

It's like the plant or strain chat in the "Weed" thread, you didn't "get" it, football is just the same, hugging and kissing a bloke because he puts a ball between two posts, hugging your mates in the stands because the chap in "your" team placed the ball accurately, same sort of thing, some will never "get" it if they aren't into it. 

• Like 3