Gould Dogs

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ken goulds dogs came from all sorts of stock, from buck/braey dogs to nuttal dogs. he just kept a line going, what we talkin here russels or patterdale (black fells). i work a gouldy patterdale, he puts some good dogs out in my opinion.

yes he did mate but if you think about it there was never a goulg line ?

ken never had a line,he had terriers,but never a line :no: .

like samward says,he used all kinds of stock,from nuttal,parks and god knows what else.

but he never had a line of his own .

so as i see it there was never a gould line :no: they could just as well be called nuttal,with a few bits added

ie, parks, buck and bray and anything else that went into them.

ken goulds dogs came from all sorts of stock, from buck/braey dogs to nuttal dogs. he just kept a line going, what we talkin here russels or patterdale (black fells). i work a gouldy patterdale, he puts some good dogs out in my opinion.

like samward says,he used all kinds of stock,from nuttal,parks and god knows what else.

so as i see it there was never a gould line :no: they could just as well be called nuttal,with a few bits added

:thumbs: i did`nt want to get invoved in this one tawny(matrix) your bang on mate ken will tell you his self he was a terrier breeder :yes: thiers the differance . with his russells you can say even before flint came along he had a line / type .
thats what i was trying to say, cheers mate! we care to much bout where our dogs came from, we have got to make good workers for the future, forget bout the line, it helps make a worker, but it doesnt gaurentee it.
trouble is there are no big name terrier men around these days so the big names from the past get dragged out all the time . i looked at a litter of pups a few year ago for a mate advertised in the local rag as nuttall wheeler lines the only dog the lad could name was poker as the grandsire . he`d been told the dam was n/w lines - and on it would go .. i agree its what the dogs does for you that counts . .why dont folk on here do a search before they start a thread save a lot of old shit getting dragged up again . tawneys said it himself you can get decent grafters at the right price from sunday messers :whistling:

:thumbs: i did`nt want to get invoved in this one tawny(matrix) your bang on mate ken will tell you his self he was a terrier breeder :yes: thiers the differance . with his russells you can say even before flint came along he had a line / type .

stig ,you knew ken mate,dident you

and stig ,its tawny ? mate not the mumatextix ? :clapper: .only jokeing mate

anyway as i said,stig would you agree with me that here was never a line of black gould dogs ???

ken never had a line,only black dogs.

andas stig says,ken will tell you himselfe

stig ,you knew ken mate,dident you

and stig ,its tawny ? mate not the mumatextix ? :clapper: .only jokeing mate

anyway as i said,stig would you agree with me that here was never a line of black gould dogs ???

ken never had a line,only black dogs.

andas stig says,ken will tell you himselfe

i knew all the big names mummytxtit :whistling: err i mean tawny but i`m not a name dropper and would never use a big name to make an extra 50 quid put it this way i`d say some lads had stuff from big name terrier men that was`nt from where they said it was . :thumbdown: as for kens black dogs imo i dont think he kept stuff for long enough to keep a line going and when flint came along the black uns took a back seat no doubt about it likes been said some good stuff came off his yard for a good few years other lads kept kens line going better than he did and thats another story .

All I wanted to know is if there is anyone out there working the same "line" of dogs Gould had. There's not too much good being said about the man but all and all at the mention of his name nearly 500 people have read the item in the past couple of hours!!!! I'm interested to know about his black dogs or a simarly type of "line" of black dog. Dogs down from Smithy (I know Gould didn't breed him so lets not get into that one). But anyone tell me of a good line down from him that's still going? Maybe we shouldn't mention any names!!!

All I wanted to know is if there is anyone out there working the same "line" of dogs Gould had. There's not too much good being said about the man but all and all at the mention of his name nearly 500 people have read the item in the past couple of hours!!!! I'm interested to know about his black dogs or a simarly type of "line" of black dog. Dogs down from Smithy (I know Gould didn't breed him so lets not get into that one). But anyone tell me of a good line down from him that's still going? Maybe we shouldn't mention any names!!!
smithy :notworthy: whole new can of worms as you proberbly know :whistling:
what about black jack,rags,mag,jack,nigger,tab,simon,witch,tyke,tinker,eyeball,rip,nettle,spartac

s,steel,jess, etc

same mans dogs or not

same man same dogs ( been a long time since anyone named steel )at the end of the day the man as bred some good dogs for work , and loads for showing and u cant blame him ,if there wasnt a market for the show dogs he wouldnt of bred so many, but thats how this game as gone,you go round the show and you no who is working them and who isnt,its not hard to tell not even for a blind man.

what about black jack,rags,mag,jack,nigger,tab,simon,witch,tyke,tinker,eyeball,rip,nettle,spartac

s,steel,jess, etc

same mans dogs or not

All the dogs mentioned above where owned and bred by a number of people.

TUFFTY

s,steel,jess, etc

same mans dogs or not

All the dogs mentioned above where owned and bred by a number of people.

TUFFTY

money talks with some people tuffy ,you been in the game long enough to no that, and im sure you sat at kens the same as most at one point talking dogs with him. we have all hard of people spending x pounds on a dog off some one ,and i just think good look to them ,would sooner keep it in me pocket my self .