Game callers!

14 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Easy remedied mate , I always have a carrier bag in my Foxpro bag if it's raining,  pop it inside and jobs a good un ?

That’s a fair comment Mark, but shouldn’t need to be remedied by the user, should be done at manufacture. Just my opinion, and it probably wouldn’t stop me buying one, but disappointing really, that you would need to wrap outdoor equipment in a bag to keep it dry.

• Like 2

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know.  Think I'm going through a mid life techno crisis. I've been looking at spotters today. I sat at the bait from 4am to 6am this morning.  I could see if something was there

This is something I’ve used for a long time, long before NV and the fact is, they just work, I’ve used both the foxpro and the icotec and them two are basically the same thing in a different shape box

Cant afford to shop at Sainsbury's mine is just an Asda bag ???

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

That’s a fair comment Mark, but shouldn’t need to be remedied by the user, should be done at manufacture. Just my opinion, and it probably wouldn’t stop me buying one, but disappointing really, that you would need to wrap outdoor equipment in a bag to keep it dry.

Yep I agree , but it's not that often I go out in the rain it's only if it starts once you are out ☔☔☔

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

I agree, I would have thought a device such as this should be waterproof, I would naturally have thought it was!

In honesty I find that rather disappointing/strange as well!

I wonder what the costs would be of waterproofing it at manufacture and if sales would increase if they did???  :hmm::hmm::hmm:

:thumbs:

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Dervburner said:

For what they’re designed for, you’d at least expect them to be waterproof. If not, that’s a real letdown. I don’t understand the thinking to manufacture an electrical device designed to be used outdoors but if it gets wet it rots out...?

You would think so but trust me they are not lol. Nature of the job you use it enough it's going to be wet so always carry a rolled up plastic bag. 

Used it last week we with vixen call.  rain was sideways but still brought a dog fox in. Funny bit was only had orange Sainsbury's bag for caller

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

You would think so but trust me they are not lol. Nature of the job you use it enough it's going to be wet so always carry a rolled up plastic bag. 

Used it last week we with vixen call.  rain was sideways but still brought a dog fox in. Funny bit was only had orange Sainsbury's bag for caller

Probably thought it was coming in to another ginger.....?

• Haha 1
Just now, FOXHUNTER said:

So then Sausage will you be purchasing a Foxpro?

I don't know. 

Think I'm going through a mid life techno crisis.

I've been looking at spotters today.

I sat at the bait from 4am to 6am this morning.  I could see if something was there via the scope alone, and there was no moon. It was magical.  Owls all around and above me. Pheasants shouting all around. Two dog fox's barking in the distance. One came my way and was barking in a wood not 200yds away but he never arrived. Probably when I check the camera he probably turned after I left!

Any way I got to wondering about spotters.

Feel like I'm being pulled down a rabbit hole I don't really know if I want to.

This afternoon I abandoned tech and did what I do best, stalk bunny's with a smoke pole in daylight!

20220109_143903.jpg.9e73dd3ea131164fb4f2cd8fee2dc391.jpg

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

I don't know. 

Think I'm going through a mid life techno crisis.

I've been looking at spotters today.

I sat at the bait from 4am to 6am this morning.  I could see if something was there via the scope alone, and there was no moon. It was magical.  Owls all around and above me. Pheasants shouting all around. Two dog fox's barking in the distance. One came my way and was barking in a wood not 200yds away but he never arrived. Probably when I check the camera he probably turned after I left!

Any way I got to wondering about spotters.

Feel like I'm being pulled down a rabbit hole I don't really know if I want to.

This afternoon I abandoned tech and did what I do best, stalk bunny's with a smoke pole in daylight!

20220109_143903.jpg.9e73dd3ea131164fb4f2cd8fee2dc391.jpg

If you had a caller you would have probably called in those foxes barking in the distance ?Seriously I would consider it .

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sausagedog said:

been looking at spotters today

Now you're talking! Thermal spotter  most basic entry level for hmr distance, is a very worthwhile bit of kit. You just see so much more. Out last night, not a drop of light, I could see it all. Was out after fox but doesn't mean I can't enjoy watching the deer picking in hedgerows, little creatures scampering about through leaves, all without the foggiest I'm there. Pure animal voyeur!! 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

Now you're talking! Thermal spotter  most basic entry level for hmr distance, is a very worthwhile bit of kit. You just see so much more. Out last night, not a drop of light, I could see it all. Was out after fox but doesn't mean I can't enjoy watching the deer picking in hedgerows, little creatures scampering about through leaves, all without the foggiest I'm there. Pure animal voyeur!! 

Yeah but Ben,  just what is entry level??